75

Chrysta

"Mommy? May I pack these?"

Looking over my shoulder to see what he was referring too, I gave Aug a head nod allowing him to pack the toys he held.

"Okay. All done."

"Yuh sure?"

"Yep."

"Remember we can't come back for anything eh."

Placing his finger on his chin, I laughed to myself at his antics. Seven years old and he was the brightest little being ever.

"Yes I'm sure."

"Okay good. Go bathe and get something to eat, let me finish up in here."

Stripping right there, he grabbed his towel and made his way into the bathroom. Unzipping his suitcase, I shook my head and how he had packed. Taking out and properly folding and placing each clothing item, by the time I finished, his suitcase had room for the things he missed.

"Just like his father." I spoke to myself.

Five years married and I was happy with how my life was thus far. With our son having dual citizenship, as well as me by marriage, we had to spend six months for the least, each year in the States. After getting promoted at work, it made our family dynamic easier, where I can work remotely.

"Oh my gosh." I exhaled and sat on his bed.

Just as I was about to lay back, my phone rang. Seeing August name, I answered it.

"Yeah babe?"

"Wazzamin love? Y'all good?"

"Yeah. I just finished repacking your son's bag."

"Oh boy." He laughed. "What did he do?"

"Packed his carryon by himself." I laughed.

"Yeah. That deserved the oh boy. You fixed it?"

"Just finished. He's bathing now and I'm about to go check on him." I got up.

"Why you sounding like that?"

"Because I'm tired and my lower back aches."

"You've been complaining about that a lot Chrys. I think it's time we check it."

"I'm sure it's just from tiredness."

"Ion wanna hear that. I'm gonna see if I can get an appointment for you so when y'all reach, we'll go straight there."

"Fine." I sighed.

"Ion know why you like to fight me when it comes to taking care of your health."

"Like you do with me?" I laughed.

"Aht aht! We ain't talking bout me here."

"I hear yuh boss."

Knocking then entering the bathroom, I made my presence known to our son. Putting the phone on speaker, I allowed him to converse with his father as I took the wash cloth from him, lathered it some more and rubbed his body.

"Dad, can we go to the amusement park like the last time?"

"Sure son. You got any homework to do?"

"I finished it yesterday."

"Aight well this weekend we gonna have some fun."

Excited, I couldn't hold back my smile.