12

August

"I hope you listen to these wizzords. All they want us thinking about is sipping on some sizzurp and they got us thinking something better we don't deserve..."

Standing on stage, holding the mic stand as I sang to my fans in Paris, my eyes were closed as I allowed the music to penetrate my soul. Thinking back at how far I've come, I was honestly proud of myself and everything I've accomplished thus far.

"But we are leaders.... That's what they told me, they told me, they told me....We're supposed to be kings and queens."

Smiling as the thought of my unborn son came to mind, I opened my eyes and sang with pride. My relationship with Chrysta was flourishing beautifully and I couldn't be any happier.

Switching to the last song, I gave my all and then told my fans thank you for their love and support before exiting the stage. Making my way backstage, to prepare for my meet and greet, I thanked my team for their amazing work.

"That was a great show man." Kevin and I dapped.

"Thanks." I nodded.

Making my way into my dressing room, I didn't waste any time changing, showering and getting dressed. Time was if the essence and I didn't want any delays. Hearing my phone, I got it and saw a message from Chrys letting me know she was going to take a nap.

Replying with okay and letting her know I'll call her when I'm back at the hotel, she responded, acknowledging it. Locking my phone, I slipped it in my pocket and got my shoes.

"You ready goon?" I heard, after a knock.

"Just about man. Everything set up?" I asked Terrence.

"Yeah. Everyone's in line and been briefed."

"How many do we have?"

"Twelve, I counted."

"Aight cool."

Standing up, I checked over myself before exiting the room behind Terrence. Making our way out, I passed the group of people, smiling and acknowledging them. Heading upstairs, it took up position .

"T, you know what to do." I chuckled.

"Yeah goon."

As the first name was called, Terrence stood at the top of their stairway and greeted them. Taking their phone, as they exchanged pleasantries. Escorting her to me, I smiled as I saw both the nervousness and joy in her face. Greeting her with a hug, when she spoke I knew the accent all to well.

"I love your accent. Where you from?"

"Trinidad."

"And you came all this way to see me?"

"I had too. This was my only opportunity and I wasn't going to miss it." She laughed. "Even if it's in the middle of carnival season back home."

"Oh word?"

"Yeah. You should come visit sometime."

"Yeah? Y'all got it good out there?"

"Mhmm. We have the best beaches."

"What about the food?"

Placing her hand on her chest, she smiled. Laughing at her reaction, it reminded me of Chrysta when it came to food.

"But what's your name love?"

"Nicole."

"It's nice to meet you Nicole." I hugged her again.

As we took pics and conversed, I remembered her mentioning Carnival.

"Thanks for coming all this way to see me ma, I appreciate it and you."