60

Chrysta

"Chrys? Chrysta?"

"Chrys? Chrysta?"

"In here."

"Girl people have been calling yuh."

Putting my attention on the door as I laid on my bedroom floor, Shanice came walking in.

"Oh boy." She paused as she saw me. "What's wrong? The only time you bring out the mat and rose petals is when something is wrong."

"Everything." I sighed. "Between work being stressful, firing the work men who were at the house because they weren't doing what they were supposed to be doing and August's mother continuous shade on instagram towards me, I'm annoyed, aggravated and tired. On top of that, baby August got his first ear ache so that was a pressure by itself I had to deal with. I'm ready for March to be over."

"Awe sis." She got down and laid next to me.

Holding my hand, we laid quietly.

"Eyes closed, deep slow breaths. In, out." She spoke. "Breathe in, hold, two, three, four. Then out, two, three, four."

Taking our time, doing some breathing exercises, everything started feeling calm again. Finishing with some meditation, we then reopened our eyes and let out a heavy exhale before sitting up with our legs stretched.

"Right arm up, then down forward to touch your left big toe. Breath in, then out, and switch."

Doing this for about two seconds, we then stretched both arms up, palms facing each other and took some breaths before releasing."

"Thank you." I hugged her. "I needed that."

"You're welcome sis." She smiled.

"What's going on on your end? I feel like I have seen you in months."

"It's only been three weeks, don't be dramatic." She laughed. "And well not a damn thing is going on. I went out with this guy the other night and it was the worst. "

"Lawddd."

"Girl they lied when they said the dating pool has pee in it because it have both shit and piss."

"Shanice." I tried not to laugh.

"I'm serious. Be grateful you're not out here dealing with this mess."

"Mmm."

"What was that about?"

"Nothing."

"Say you're not ready to talk, don't lie and say nothing."

"August and I have barely spoken since I came back home and he went on tour."

"I find that weird given the fact that he has time to be in the club."

"So I'm not the only one then."

"Nope. I've seen the posts, I just figured all was well with y'all. Does he even call to see how baby August is going?"