13

Date: 27th January, 2016

Sitting at work, wishing I was home, I was drained. Today was just one of those days but I had to push through regardless. One good thing though, my morning sickness held up nicely and I was grateful to be able to keep my food down.

More and more I was beginning to enjoy my pregnancy. Feeling my son's constant movement was magical to me, each time I was more excited than the last. What was making this moment even better, was the support I had around me.

Though I missed Aug more than before, between my mother and Shanice, I didn't know who would possibly drive me crazy first. Every little thing they saw, they believed it would be perfect for him, while my dad and I were just here shaking our heads, but I loved there enthusiasm regardless.

********

Hearing a knock on the door to my facility, I closed my journal and looked up. Answering, I told whomever it was that they could come in.

"Wah going on girl?"

"I dey. To what do I owe this visit?"

Giving Derron my attention, he pulled the chair in front my desk and sat.

"Brought you this." He placed a pack of plantain chips on my desk. "I was by the vending machine and got an extra one."

"Must be my lucky day. Thanks." I took it. "So how are things in the new department?"

"So far so good." He nodded. "They made you permanent yet?"

"You know they did." I laughed lightly. "You saw the bulletin."

"I did." He laughed. "Congrats though."

"Thanks."

As much as I loved my job, I didn't really interact much with the people here aside from Derron and two other persons who weren't my children parents. When I first started here, he was an intern in the IT department and came to set up my printer. It was during that interaction we learned that we both attended the same university but different schools.

"So how you plan on celebrating?"

"I don't know just yet. As I'm on probation, I can't really travel how I would like too."

"True. Well if ever you want to go for drinks or a food run or anything, just let me know."

Knowing I wasn't going to take him up on that offer, I simply nodded with a tight lip smile. As decent as he was, he wasn't my type. I knew he would flirt off and on but I just wasn't feeling him, even before August was in the picture.

Just as I was about to speak, the sound of my phone vibrating caught my attention. Glancing at it while it charged, I smiled when I saw Aug's name.

"Excuse me, I have to take this call." I unplugged it.

"Yeah sure. I'll head back up." He said as I answered.

As he got up and left, I put my phone on speaker.

"Hey babe."

"My love. I ain't call for any specific reason."

"Those are the best calls to me." I smiled.

"Hold on, let me switch to video. I need to see you."

Laughing to myself, I accepted the video call. Seeing the smile on his face as he saw me, I couldn't help but blush.

"So I got some news for you."

"Tell meh, tell meh."

"You're definitely getting ya man after this tour."