36

August

"Wassup son." I smiled.

Laying in his crib, he had this look on his face as if to say he was wondering why I came and not his momma.

"Yeen gotta look at me like that boy." I laughed before lifting him. "You good? Need to be changed?" I asked as I checked him. "All good. Wanna go see what your momma is up too?"

Instantly smiling when I said that, I shook my head as we left his room. Knocking on my bedroom door, I entered when she gave the okay. Sitting on the bed, rubbing lotion on her legs, she looked up at us and smiled.

"Why are you putting on lotion when you're going to the spa?"

"Because I don't want to go in ashy." She got up. "Hello mommy's dumpling." She interacted with him.

"Don't get him all excited ma. You know how he gets."

"You can manage." She smiled as she continued with him.

"Not when he's screaming to the top of his lungs."

"Fine. What time Terrence is coming?" She asked gathering her things.

"He should be here in five minutes."

"Okay. Thank you for this."

"You're welcome love." I kissed her.

Booking a spa session with the full works for her, it was my way of showing appreciation for all that she's been doing. Our son was now two months old and Chrys really was holding it down while I worked.

"I believe I pumped enough milk to last him till I get back."

"You want to see if he'll nurse now?"

"Yeah, let me try."

Taking him from me, he cooed and smiled. Making our way downstairs, she sat and got him situated. With no hesitation, he latched on and was drinking.

"You still feel pain when he nurse?"

"Nah, I've gotten used to it. I do feel the pulling but it's not as bad."

"Well that's good."

"Mhmm. What you plan on getting into?"

"Nothing really, just relax and bond with him. I don't have anyone coming by so today should be a cool one."

"Why I feel like you're going to test out that neck floater with him in the pool." She looked up at me and smiled.

"I mean." I smirked. "We bought it for that reason."

"We? You mean you." She laughed a little. "I told you he doesn't need it but."

"So then how is he going to stay afloat?"

"His instincts and the fact that he was in fluid for ten months babe."

"Still. I'm not chancing it." I shrugged.