7

Date: 27th December, 2015

I'm pregnant!

Me, of all people, pregnant. It's been a whole twenty four hours since I've found out and I'm yet to wrap my mind around it. Three months pregnant, I'm literally carrying a human being in me. Initially, I'm excited because I've always wanted my own family, but the way in which it was happening was not how I intended on it to happen.

One night. One night I let my guard down and it gave me a link to Aug for the rest of my life. Though he was all on board, I couldn't help but be in my head on how this was going to play out. Like I had mentioned to him, our lives were different. His was now starting and here I was, adding a whole new responsibility, a big one at that, on his plate.

This is going to be an interesting ride.

***********

"You're up early?"

Rolling over to face me, August stretched then wrapped his arm around my torso.

"Morning." I replied as I closed my journal.

Placing it on the bedside table, I then repositioned myself to where I was back to laying in bed. Making space for me to do so, once I was laying down, he wrapped me in his arms, caressing my belly.

"Y'all good?"

"We are." I smiled to myself as I placed my hand on his.

One thing about August, he showed his affection naturally. Even before we found out I was pregnant, over the past two, to three years, he always showed me his soft side, his actual side.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I asked.

"I got breakfast today, yeen gotta worry."

"Oh really?"

"Mhmm. Just focus on how you're gonna tell your parents about our baybeh." He snickered.

"It's too early for you to be this annoying."

"Never." He playfully squeezed me.

"Aug?" I turned to face him.

"Mmm?"

"Please don't be overly protective and smothering. That in itself frustrates me and I-"

"I promise you, I'm not going to be either. I don't want to stress you out so I'll wait till after he comes."

"Oh jeez."

Attempting to roll back to the next side, he held me tighter and began tickling me. Laughing the way I did, it took my mind off of things. Finished, as I came down from my laughing fit, I laid there staring at him. Caressing his cheek, he held my hand then kissed the palm of it. At that moment, the way he looked at me said a lot. Leaning in, I kissed him and with no hesitation, he kissed back.

"I'm sorry." I pulled back.

"No you're not." He pulled me back to him and kissed me. "You wanted it, you took it and I didn't mind. So stop apologizing."

"I can't when I'm sending mixed signals."

"You're not. Not to me at least. I know you want me the same way I want you and eventually we will be in a relationship so you're not sending me any mixed signals." He smirked.

"You think you know me so well huh?"

"I know you well enough. Every time you slip up, it's you doing what you really want to do."

"Whatever."

"Exactly." He laughed. "What time does Shanice get in?"

"She said her flight lands at twelve fifteen."