30

Date: June 11th 2017

Motherhood...

I did it. I actually did it. Bringing life into this world, my son is perfect to me. He was worth all the pain and discomfort, even the complications. August Anthony Alsina the third, a blessing from God.

A week old and I'm learning my son and his ways. Temperamental like his father, yet calm and zen like his mother, he didn't like anyone around me. Holding him, if even his father approached, he'd begin to fuss. He's truly the love of my life.

 He's truly the love of my life

"Sleeping?"

Putting my attention on the door as Aug came in, he approached me.

"Nah he's up but his eyes are closed."

Kissing him on his forehead then me on my lips, it was funny how all three of us smiled together.

"Let me take him, you get some rest."

"Okay." I agreed.

Taking him from me, instantly his eyes opened and he began to fuss. Kissing him on his forehead, he gripped my face, making me laugh.

"Boy you better let my girl go." Aug joked.

"Tell daddy, I'm yours too now." I smiled then looked at Aug.

"Only because he's our son." He kissed me.

Laughing lightly, I left them to bond while I got into the shower. Getting into a new routine thus far was tough but rewarding. For the most, he woke up twice at night for feeding and the times he woke up fussing, Aug took over that duty for me.

We were working as a team and I appreciated that more than anything. I knew it had times when he became frustrated with the constant crying, but he tried his best and I loved him more for that.

"I need a nap." I exhaled as I stood in front the mirror.

"Baybeh? I think he's hungry."

Dropping my head after that, I simply responded with an 'okay' and made my way out.

"I'll burp and put him to sleep and you can nap after."

"Thank you." I smiled as I took him.

Adjusting myself, I began nursing. Still feeling the discomfort of him sucking, I was getting used to it. Humming and caressing his hair, I hoped he fell asleep, which, thankfully, he did in the midst of feeding.

Waiting till he was deep in it, August took him and gently laid him in the bassinet beside our bed.

"How you feeling love?" He came back over to me.

"Sore in some areas but I'm getting there. Once he gets into a good routine, this should flow smoothly."

"Where's sore?"