5

Date: 25th December, 2015

With the day almost over, I must admit, this was one of the most relaxing Christmases I've had. Being away from home for yet another Christmas, I'm grateful for the fact that Aug and Travis made me feel extra comfortable on this day.

Though it was just the three of us, we had a literal merry time in the house. Aug was appreciative of the Christmas decorations, admitting that it was the first homey Christmas he has had in a long time.

Since being here, everyone who's been around, has joked about us playing house and honestly, it did seem that way. The way we interacted with each other was with such ease and comfort that we were able to do things.

As the days went by and we opened up more to each other, my feelings were growing and it scared me. As private as he was, I wasn't made for this lifestyle and the thought of being with him completely always ignited my anxiety.

*********

"What you writing there?"

Looking up from my journal, I closed it as Aug walked in.

"I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you. Trav made some egg nog so I decided to bring you some."

"Thank you." I took it from him. "And you're not disturbing me, I can write anytime."

"Sure?"

"Sure."

Sitting beside me, we cheers before taking a sip.

"Mmm. This tastes good."

"Yeah? First time having it?"

"Yes." I nodded. "We have something similar to it back home."

"Oh word? What's it called?"

"Ponche de creme."

"Ah. Okay, okay." He nodded. "Did you enjoy your day?"

"I did. Thank you for making it great. Shanice is still in her feelings but she's happy that I'm relaxed and comfortable."

"Speaking of...."

"The past couple nights?"

"Yeah."

"I don't know what it is that's caused that. I know sometimes when I'm away from home, I sleep light, but to not get any at all unless I'm laying next to you, it's just odd."

"It is odd. I mean, from the moment you lay down, you're out and then when I wake up, you're not there."

"When I wake up in your embrace, I feel like I'm contradicting myself."

"Why?"

"Because I'm putting myself in your personal space after I've told you."

"Chrys? Your comfort is all that matters to me. Where our feelings are concerned, yeah it's fucked up that we can't be together but knowing that our feelings are mutual, I'm cool with waiting." He smirked.

"Oh."

"Yeah. But I was just worried about the sleeping thing."

"I'm sure it will pass."

"Either way, my door is always open for you love ."

Leaning forward, he gently kissed my lips. Blushing after he pulled back, he chuckled. Sitting in my room for a bit longer, we ended up laying side by side on the bed, just conversing.

"So what day is your mom coming?"

"I gotta go get her on Sunday." He answered while playing with my fingers. "You got some soft hands."