Moving On

Chapter 77: Jadah's POV

• 7 months Later •

"Happy Birthday to Liam! Happy Birthday to you!" Elizabeth and I sang to him as I blew out the candle for him. I can't believe my baby turned 1 year old. Time sure does fly when your a single mother.

It's been 7 months since I last saw Blake. I hope he's happier. I still talk to Blake but it's not really the same. He'll start telling me that he misses me and he loves me and he wants me back but the point of me leaving was so he can move on but that hasn't worked out so well.

Elizabeth and I moved into a 2 bedroom condominium in LA. I decided to go back to modeling so I can pay the rent and put food on the table. It's been going pretty good. I should probably mention that I have a boyfriend. I met him 3 months after Blake and I broke up and we've together for 4 months. It's not the same as being with Blake but the point of me leaving is so Blake and I can both move on and that's what I'm trying to do.

His name is Josh Hudson and unfortunately for me he works for the NBA. He's a physical therapist for basically any team that needs him. He's been with New Orleans, Lakers, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Phoenix and Houston. Josh and the kids get along fine but Elizabeth constantly ask for Blake so Blake and I decided that she will see him on the weekends.

Today's Saturday so I have to drop Elizabeth off with Blake. "Elizabeth you ready to go with daddy?" I said. "Yea" she said and grabbed her backpack. I put Liam's leftover cake in the fridge and carried him downstairs to the car. I put him in his car seat and then I got a call from Josh. "Hi babe what's up?" I said. "Just wanted to know if your gonna be home so I can stop by" he said. I smiled and said "Yea I just gotta drop Elizabeth off with her dad." "Ok I'll see you soon babe" he said and hung up.

I backed the car up and drove to Blake's house. As I'm pulling into Blake's driveway I see yet another girl leaving his house. All he does is sleep around with other girls who kind of look like me. I feel pretty bad for him. I grab Liam and Elizabeths hand and knock on his door. He answers the door wearing only his shorts. "Hi daddy!" Elizabeth said and jumped into his arms. "Hey baby" he said and kissed her cheek. "Hey buddy! Happy birthday!" He said and grabbed Liam. "Daddy!" Liam said. "Wow you remember" I said and crossed my arms. "Of course I remember his first birthday" Blake said. "Alright take care of my daughter" I said and grabbed Liam. As I'm grabbing Liam Blake holds my hand. "I miss you" he said. I laugh and said "No you don't. That girl that just came out of your house proves it." "Jadah if you haven't notice those girls that I sleep with look just like you" he said. "I really don't want to talk about the girls you've been sleeping with" I said and then my phone started to ring. It was Josh, "Hey what happened?" "Hey babe I'm here waiting for you outside your apartment, where are you?" He asked. "I'm on my way home" I said. "Ok I love you" he said. I looked at Blake and he was just starting at me but I have to say it or I'll be a bad girlfriend. I clear my throat and said "I love you too." I hung up and tried to walk away but Blake stopped me.

"Who was that?" He said. He grabbed onto my arm with a strong grip. "Don't worry about it Blake" I said and tried to walk away. "Jadah who was that? You already have a new boyfriend?" He asked. I sighed and said "No Blake it was Amber." I had to lie to him or else he won't shut up and I know I should probably tell him I have a boyfriend but what good is that gonna do? "Then why did you tell her your on your way home, isn't she in Houston?" Blake asked. "Oh my God Blake am I being interrogated?! Look I have to go" I said and walked to my car as his grip finally loosened. I put Liam in his car seat and drove home.

I finally get home and as I'm going getting closer to my condo I see Josh waiting outside . I smiled and said "Hey babe." "Hello beautiful" he said and kissed me. "Hey Liam! Happy birthday" he said and carried Liam. "Tank you" Liam said. I unlocked the apartment door and we all went in. I put Liam down for a nap and then I headed back to my room with Josh. I sit next to him on the bed and cuddle with him. He doesn't have muscular arms like Blake but it was still nice. "So how was work? What team wants you next?" I said. "It was good and I think they're sending me with the Clippers" he said. My heart was beating like crazy as the thought of Blake came to my mind but I relaxed and just went along with it. "Oh how fun" I said. "Yea but it's only for one or two games. They want me to work with Jamal, Matt, and Blake." he said. Josh has worked with the Clippers before and he knows the team but it's just awkward because I didn't tell Josh about my pass relationship with Blake. I sigh and said "Alright babe shut up so I can take a nap." He laughs and kissed my cheek.