I Still Love You

Chapter 22: [ Jadah's POV ]

I woke up the next morning at 6:00 in the morning by Elizabeth smacking my face. I grabbed her hand and pretended to eat it. Her laugh made my heart melt. I got up brushed my hair and brushed Elizabeth's hair, it wasn't much hair anyways. I went to the bathroom quietly and rinsed my mouth because I had no tooth brush. I got a piece of gum from my purse and chewed it.

I grabbed my stuff and carried Elizabeth to the car. I put her in her car seat and drove home. It was 6:30 and I was wide awake. I decided to go get some breakfast at Denny's. I parked my car and walked to the front desk. "Party of One" I said. "Right this way" the waitress said. I put Elizabeth down so she can learn how to walk. I held her hand to help her up but she couldn't do it. I carried her, put her in a booster, and ordered breakfast.

After breakfast I got back in my car and got a text from Blake saying "Jadah we need to make things right for our little girl. Please meet me at my house." I realized that Elizabeth does need her father, so I responded saying "Fine but meet me at my apartment." "Ok I'm on my way" his message read. I take forever to eat. I left Denny's at 8:30. I started to drive home and I was getting nervous. I didn't want to see Blake right know. I parked my car in my garage and carried Elizabeth back upstairs. When I got to my apartment I dropped the diaper bag and put Elizabeth's in her crib. I filled her crib with toys and pillows. She went crazy every time I did that. I ran into the shower and took a quick one. I got out and put on some basketball shorts and a plain black t-shirt. While I was putting my socks on I heard the door knock. I took a deep breathe and opened it.

When I opened the door there he was a 6'10 NBA basketball player. "Hi Jadah" he said. "Hi Blake" I said "Uhh come in." I closed the door and took a deep breathe. "You ok?" Blake asked. "Yea. So what do you wanna talk about" I said. "Look I know what I did was wrong and I regret it so badly it kills me every time I sleep. I wanna be there for my little girl and especially for you" he said grabbing my hand. "Blake I'm going to be 100% honest with you. I miss you and I still love you but what you did was heartbreaking" I said. "I know that and I'm so sorry. The guilt is eating me and seeing you taking care of Elizabeth on your own with no help is not fair" he said. He then walked over to Elizabeth's crib and picked her up. "She needs a father" he said. He put her back in the crib and walked back to me. He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear and kissed me. He put his hands around my waist and pressed my body against his. I put my hands on his stomach and I could feel his abs.

We kissed for a pretty long time and I broke the kiss and he said "I miss that." I started to cry and say "I miss you. But I'm not sure if we can see each other anymore." "Why?" He said. "Because I'm still hurting from what you did" I said shedding a tear. He wiped the tear away and kissed my forehead and said "I'm sorry. Give me another chance please and this time I swear I won't ever hurt you." "I just don't know if I can believe you" I said. "Look I have to go but just come to my game tonight and we can talk after" he said. "Ok" I said. He kissed me goodbye and left. I sat next to Elizabeth near her crib and said "Wanna go watch daddy play a game tonight?" She just smiled and started jumping. "I'll take that as a yes" I said.

• Hours Later •

It was 6:30 and I had to get Elizabeth ready for the game. I put her some sweats because it was really windy. Then I put her a shirt that said "Momma's Girl." I put her a sweater and wrapped her in a blanket. I put her in her stroller and gave her formula to drink on the way. I was wearing some light blue jeans with some Jordan's. I was also wearing Blake's jersey for the first time in a while. I put a sweater on and walked to the VIP Entry. I had a seat that was behind the Clippers bench.

The game had started and the buzzer scared Elizabeth and she started crying. I picked her up and rocked her. "Look there's daddy" I told her. An old lady sitting next to me said "Aww who's her daddy?" "Oh uhh number 32" I said. She gasped and said "Wow well your a very lucky girl." That's what you think I said to myself. "Thanks."