Jerk

Chapter 38: [ Jadah's POV ]

I woke up the next morning and I found out what was wrong with me. I just didn't want to believe it. I was still in love with Blake but I love Chris. What should I do?

I rolled out of bed and brushed my teeth. I brushed my hair and went to go check on Elizabeth. She was still sleeping. I heard my phone beep and I went to go check it. It was Blake. His message said "Hey baby. Please meet me at DJ's house. We need to talk." I hate when he calls me baby. But I decided to say yes because we really need to talk. Then he responded saying "Cool meet me over there like right now." "Ok" I said. I looked over at Chris and kissed his forehead. I left him a note that said "Had to run. See you later." I put on some jeans and a shirt that Blake bought me when we were dating.

I got in my car and drove to DJ's house. Blake was still there because he still couldn't be left alone. It was 8:00 in the morning and I'm actually surprised I'm awake this early. Today was the first day of the playoffs and Blake was clear to play this afternoon. I parked my car outside DJ's house and opened the door.

"Guys!" I yell. No response. "Guys!" I yelled again. I walk into Blake's room and he was doing push-ups with his headphones in and no shirt. God Blake has an amazing body. I can't believe this is turning me on. "Blake!" I say. "Blake" I yell. "Ok this is ridiculous" I say to myself. I walk up to him, bend down and pull out his earphones. "Oh hey Jadah" he says getting up from the floor. His shirtless sweaty body was just so sexy. I sit on his bed and his shorts are really low so I can see his v-line. He's teasing me on purpose.

"So what's up?" I say. "Look Jadah about that time I kissed you, I just wanna apologize. You were right I was acting like a douchebag" he says. "Yea you were. But I accept your apology and thank you for apologizing" I say. He opens his arms up for a hug. I roll my eyes and go ahead and hug his shirtless body. We hugged for a long time. It's like neither of us wanted to break contact. I look up at him and he looks down at me. Oh God I know what's gonna happen next. We're gonna kiss. I break the contact and say "So are you nervous about tonight?" He hold my hand and says "Can I please have one more kiss? It's probably gonna be the last one I ever give you." I think for a second and bite my lip. "But what if-" he cuts me off and says "Don't think, just do." He pulls me close to his body and slowly leans in for a kiss. When we kissed it was different from the rest. It was powerful and passionate. I didn't wanna break it.

"Hey Blake do you-" DJ's says as he walks into the guest room were Blake and I were kissing. We broke the kiss and DJ said "Uh I'm sorry." "Wait DJ it's not what it looks like" I say going after him so he doesn't get the wrong idea. "Jadah what the hell were you thinking?" He says. "I know it looks bad but he was just so convincing" I said. "Is it because he had his shirt off?" He says. I giggle and say "No it's just..." I hesitate "I think I'm still in love with Blake." DJ remains speechless and I turn around and see that Blake was standing there. "Jadah is that true? Do you still love me?" He says. DJ leaves and gives us some privacy. "I don't know. When I'm with you I don't wanna leave but when I'm with Chris he treats me like a queen and I love it" I say. "Then don't be with him. Be with me" he says. "I can't. It wouldn't be right to leave Chris for another man and Elizabeth would be devastated" I said. Blake didn't say anything and finally said "Okay. Just come to the game today so I can see that you still love me, cause I know you do." "Okay see you guys there" I said. I grabbed my keys and went home.

• Couple Hours Later •

Elizabeth was getting dressed for the game and Chris had left because he was filming a new movie and had been gone almost all day. "Ready honey?" I say to Elizabeth. "Almost" she says. "Hurry" I yell back. Five minutes later Elizabeth comes downstairs wearing DJ's jersey and some jeans with her Jordan's that DJ bought for her. "Let's go" I say. We get in my car and drive to the Staple Center. We go through the VIP Entry and we walk to our court side seats.

It was the fourth quarter and the Clippers were down by 4. There was only 0.2 seconds left. The Warriors won. While the Warriors were walking back to their bench Stephen Curry kept starring at me. I thought it was weird because I find him creepy. Elizabeth and I headed to the locker room. "Hey guys! Good game today" I said trying to cheer them up. "Yea" they all said. Okay I thought to myself. "Hey good job today" I said. "Not really I was fouled out" Blake said. "Yea but you gave it your all and at least you got to throw water on a Warrior fan" I said trying to cheer him up. "Whatever just leave me alone" he said. "Gosh I'm sorry. You don't have to be such a jerk" I said. "I'm not being a jerk it's just that I don't need you to comfort me" he yelled. "You know what I was thinking about giving you another chance but I don't think I can handle such an asshole like you" I said. "Oh really" he said. The team was starring and Chris came up and said "Come on you two. Nows not the best time for this." "Your right Chris" I said walking out. "DJ watch Elizabeth" I said before walking out. God Blake's such a dick. Like are you serious I just wanted to comfort him for the lost but he just blew me off. I decided to walk around backstage and just clear my mind.

I decided to go outside. I sat on a bench near the parking lot under the shade. I put my face on my hands and put my head down. Then I heard someone say "Hey you ok?" I look up and it's Stephen Curry. God he's so creepy but he is adorable. "Uh yea I'm fine thank you" I said. "Good I wouldn't want a pretty lady like yourself to be sad" he said. I gave him and awkward smile and said "Thanks. And good job on the win today." "Thanks I actually thought we were going to lose the game" he said. "Finish strong is what I always tell my-" I was cut off by Blake who came outside to look for me. "Jadah please come back inside" he said. "Why? So you can act like a jerk to me again" I said. "What's up Stephen" he said. "What's up man" Stephen said. "Look I was just....why would you comfort me if you knew we lost the game. I was pissed" he slightly yelled. "Because Blake I care!" I said walking back in.

I walked back to the locker room and said "Elizabeth come on honey it's time to go." "Can I stay with uncle DJ ?" She asked. I looked at DJ and he said "Its fine." "Ok I'll pick you up at 8:30" I said. I went over to Elizabeth and kissed her cheek. "Bye guys" I said. "See ya" they said. I walked out and saw Stephen and Blake on the bench still talking. I passed right by them and Blake grabbed my arm and said "Where are you going?" "Let go Blake" I said. He did as he was told and I walked back to my car.