Birthday Boy

Chapter 85: Jadah's POV

After the wedding we through a little party with family and friends. People were coming up to us and congratulating us every so often. I held Blake's hand as we walked into DJs house so we can just have some alone time. We sat down on his couch and just talked.

"How do you feel?" I asked. "Happy" he said. I smiled and kissed him. "How do you feel about being Ms.Griffin?" He asked. "I think I'm the luckiest girl in the world" I said and laid my head on his shoulder. As we sat on the couch Elizabeth and Liam come into the living room and sat on our laps. "Hi mommy" Elizabeth said. "Hey sweetheart. You okay?" I asked. "I'm hungry" she said. "Baby there's tons of food outside" I stood and grabbed her hand, "Come on let's go get food." Liam was rubbing his eyes, which meant he was tired. "Let's switch. I'll take Elizabeth and you take Liam" Blake said. Blake was never good with putting Liam down for a nap. "Okay Mr.Griffin" I said. "Okay Ms.Griffin" he said and kissed me.

I carried Liam and took him into the guest room where I rocked him to sleep which isn't easy because he isn't that tiny baby anymore.

About 15 minutes later he was finally asleep. I laid him down gently and kissed his forehead. I went back out to join the party and I saw that the sun was going down. "Hey you okay?" DJ asked. "Yea I just wanna go home with my HUSBAND" I emphasized husband on purpose. DJ laughed and said "Well looks like your enjoying this marriage." "Yea and thanks for walking me down the aisle" I said. "Anything for you Jadah" he said and hugged me.

Later that Night

People had left and know some guys came to pick up the chair from DJ's house. It was 3am and the party went on for a while. The kids had fallen asleep in the guest room.

I walk up to DJ and say "Hey DJ thanks again for everything." "Hey no problem Jadah. Anything for my best friend and his girl" he said. I smiled and said "Alright well we gotta go. Thanks again." DJ hugs me and tells me goodbye.

Blake carries Elizabeth to the car and I carry Liam. On our way home things were quiet. We didn't really talk, well manly cause we were both exhausted.

Four Months Later

It's been four months since our wedding and everything has been going well. Blake has started his conditioning because basketball season is coming. He's been going to preseason games with the guys and it's just been the kids and I.

We don't see much of Blake except in the night when he comes to bed. He wakes up early for practice and he gets home around 6. He showers, eats, and then sleeps. He sees the kids during dinner and when he tells them goodnight.

It's never been like this until now. Blake recently returned from China and we haven't seen him in almost a week so the kids were very happy to pick him up from the airport.

Liam's 2nd birthday is in 2 days and I'm really hoping Blake doesn't have to travel or have a game on that day. I'm calling my cousin Brianna so she can come over for Liam's birthday. She's met Elizabeth once but she hasn't met Liam so it's a pretty big moment. She also bringing her husband, Odell Beckham Jr., and they're 8 year old daughter Kylie.

We finally get to the airport and we wait for Blake. Elizabeth is sitting in her chair very anxious to see her dad and Liam, well the only thing he's interested in is his bottle.

We waited there for about 20 minutes until Elizabeth got up and ran. "Elizabeth!" I yelled as a concerned parent. I grabbed Liam and ran after Elizabeth. I grabbed her hand and said "Honey where are you going? Don't ever run away from me." "But daddy's right there" she said and pointed to Blake who was kneeling down on one knee with his arms out waiting to hug Elizabeth. I sigh and let her go and she hugs him.

Blake kisses her cheek and holds her hand as they walk towards us. I hug Blake with one arm as he wraps his arms around my waist. "Hey baby" I said and kissed his lips. "I missed you" he said in between our kiss. "Daddy!" Liam said. "Hey buddy!" Blake said and held Liam. "How was China daddy?" Elizabeth asked. "It was awesome!" He said. "Where's DJ?" I asked. Before Blake can answer me I feel two big arms touch my back and says "Here I am!" I jump and turn around only to find DJ. "Jesus DJ!" I said. "Hey Jadah" he said and hugged me. "How was the trip?" I asked. "It was amazing" he said. "Uncle DJ" Elizabeth said and ran to him. "Hey kiddo!" He said and carried her.

Hours Later

We were home resting. Blake and I laid in bed and cuddled...with the kids. Liam had fallen asleep and Elizabeth was with Blake just talking. I stared at them and saw the smile on their faces. They make me so happy.

2 Days Later

It was Liam's 2nd birthday and just as I thought Blake has a game. I was so upset but I was holding it all in for Liam's sake.

I woke up and went to Liam's room. He was awake and playing with his blocks. "Happy birthday baby" I said and hugged him. "Thanks mommy" he said. "Love you" I said and kissed his cheek. I went downstairs and saw Blake running around and grabbing his stuff.

I watched him as he ran around gathering his stuff, I couldn't take it. "BLAKE!" I yelled. He stop instantly and said "What?" I nudged my head and he finally said "Oh Happy Birthday Buddy. I gotta go. Love you." He runs out the door.

***

It was 3:00pm and I was on my way to the airport to pick up my cousin Brianna. I waited with the kids until I saw little Kylie run up to me. "Hey princess" I said and hugged her. "Hi Elizabeth" she said. "Hi" Elizabeth said back. "Where's your mommy?" I asked. "Right here" Brianna said as she snuck up behind me. "Hey. How are you?" I said and hugged her. "Hey girl. I'm doing good and yourself?" I asked. "Amazing" she said. I hugged Odell and said "Hey. How you doing?" "I'm alright just beat up and sore" he said. "Yea basketball season has Blake the sane" I said. "Where is he?" He asked. "Oh he's at practice" I said. "What on Liam's birthday?" He asked shock. "Yea" I said. "Speaking of him. Where is little Liam?" Brianna asked.

I took him out of the stroller and said "Liam this is your auntie Brianna. Say hi." He waved his hand but quickly hid his face in my neck. "Come on say hi to your uncle" I said. Odell took him from my hands and held him.

"Hey little man. Happy Birthday" he said and held his gist out. Liam fist bumped him and he smiled. "Aww he likes you" I said.

"Alright girlies let head home" Brianna said. We all headed to my car and drove back home.

***

"Happy Birthday to You!" We all sang in sync. "Yay!" We all cheered. Liam started to play with his cake and didn't bother to even eat it. Kylie and Brianna were upstairs in her room playing barbies. As we were celebrating I heard a knock on the door. I went to go open the door only to see Blake and Deandre. "Hey DJ" I said completely ignoring Blake. "Hey Jadah" he said and hugged me. DJ went inside and greeted Odell. Blake leaned in and tried to kiss me but I leaned back and walked back into the house. "Uh Jadah come on" Blake said and grabbed my wrist. "No Blake. Just don't. I can't believe you would leave on Liam's birthday. You could of just asked for the day off" I said. "Come on its my job" he said. I rolled my eyes and said "Whatever just go say hi to Brianna."

Blake's POV:

Man Jadah's so mad at me. But I can't miss practice. I know it sounds bad but I just want the team to be good.

I go up to Odell and shake his hand. "Hey man. What's up?" He said. "Jadah's so mad at me for leaving on the babies birthday" I said. "Yea I would be too" he said. "Come on man you know what it's like" I said. "Yea that's true but I never miss Kylie's birthday because Bri would kill me" he said. "Jadah's gonna kill me tonight. I'll probably have to sleep on the couch tonight" I said. We both shared a laugh and continued our night.

------------------------------

What?!?!?! An update after 3 million years 😱💖 I hope you guys are still reading this ☺️🦁🤘🏻if you are thank you guys so much ⛄️⛄️💥 Make sure to vote and comment so I know you guys are still here 🌯 Thanks for reading. 📖 (sorry for any typos)