She Has to Know

Authors Note: I skipped a few years and everything that happened with Blake and Jadah was like in 2007-2010. So everything from here on then will be in the present.

Chapter 33: [ Jadah's POV ]

• A Few Years Later •

I haven't seen Blake for a few years. I still see the games and I still talk to the team. The only things that has change was that I moved in with Chris, since we have been dating for 3 years. And Elizabeth is growing up. She burley turned 7 years old last week. Chris took her to Disneyland for the first time and she loved it. Elizabeth started calling Chris dad when she 5 years old. Elizabeth was starting to get into basketball, just like her dad. She also played softball for a team at the park. She's very athletic. She was in spring break and Chris and I wanted to do something fun, so we asked her. "Hey Elizabeth" Chris said. "Yea dad?" She said. "Your mother and I have been thinking and we decided to take you anywhere you wanted to go for spring break" he said. "Wow! That's so cool!" She said. "So where do you wanna go sweetie" I said. "Can we go see a Clippers game?!" She said excitedly. Elizabeth was in love with basketball and she watched it all the time. But when she said that my heart started beating and my stomach tied into knots. Chris looked up at me and said "Uhhhh." I nodded my head and Chris continued to say "Sure baby." "Yay!" Elizabeth screamed "We're gonna go see uncle DJ play!" She went to her room and I just sat on the couch looking into the distance. "Baby I know this is gonna be hard but you don't have to go" he said. I cleared my throat and said "No it's ok. I don't even think Blake will recognize us."

Chris went to purchase the tickets and it was an early game. It started at 12:30 and they were playing the Sacramento Kings. I called DJ and told him "Hey! We're going to be there tomorrow at the game." "Oh sweet I'll get you some backstage passed" he said. "Uhhh-" he cut me off and said "Jadah I know it's gonna be hard but don't even worry about him you guys will have your distance." I sighed and said "That sounds great." "Was Elizabeth happy?" He asked. "She was thrilled! She so excited" I said. "She's so cute" DJ said "alright I'll see you tomorrow." "Bye" I said clicking the end call button. I sighed and I just couldn't believe I was gonna see Blake in person for the first time in forever. I felt a pair of strong muscular arms wrapped behind my waist. I turned around and Chris kissed me. "Your kisses can always make me feel better" I said. He smiled and said "Want more?" I blushed and continued kissing him.

• Next Day •

It was the next morning and I woke up 9:30. Chris and Elizabeth are heavy sleepers so the sound of my alarm clock probably didn't wake Elizabeth. I rolled out of bed and took a shower. I got out in 20 minutes and went downstairs and made Chris and Elizabeth breakfast. I made waffles, eggs, and a cup of fruit. I went to Elizabeth's room to check on her and she was burley waking up. I sat on the edge of her bed and said "Morning baby." "Morning mom" she said in her sleepy voice. "Get up I made breakfast" I said. She got up brushed her teeth and went to the table to eat breakfast. Chris was still sleeping so I woke him up and said "Baby wake up." He groaned and said "Fine." "I made breakfast and Elizabeth is eating alone" I said. "Ok I'm up" he said. He brushed his teeth and joined Elizabeth and I for breakfast. Chris would do anything for Elizabeth.

After breakfast we checked the time and saw that it was 10:30. Elizabeth went to go shower and Chris was just watching TV and I was doing the dishes. After I finished I joined Chris and started kissing his neck. "Hey baby. How you feeling?" He said. "Nervous" I said. "Don't worry Jadah you'll be fine just don't overthink it" he said. "Your right" I said.

Elizabeth's POV:

I was in the shower getting all cleaned up for the game. I was so excited. This is the first time I was ever going to go to a basketball game. Uncle DJ would always play basketball with me but mom would never let me go to his games until today. I wonder why? I got out of the shower and went to my room and put on some basketball shorts and a shirt that said "RockStar." I went to the living room and joined mom and dad in the living room to watch a couple of movies. I thought it was so cool that my dad was an actor and came out in movies. Mom checked the time and said "Alright everybody we should get ready it's 11:20." I ran to my room and put on some jeans and uncle DJ's jersey that he bought me. I had my mom do my hair. She split my hair and did braids on each side.

Jadah's POV:

After I finish doing Elizabeth's hair I went to the room and put on some jeans and DJ's jersey. Chris was just dressed casual. We got in the car and drove off to the Staple Center. We parked and we headed to our seats. Chris got us some really amazing seats. He spoils Elizabeth to much. Our tickets were court side seats. Elizabeth was freaking out. I thought it was sad that she didn't know her real daddy was out there on the court. "Wow dad these seats are awesome! Thanks so much" Elizabeth said. "Anything for my little girl" he said. "Honey do you want any snacks before the game starts or do you have to go to the restroom" I said. "No I'm good" she said. "Ok" I said. She was sitting in between Chris and I. Ten minutes later the team started coming out and warming up. Elizabeth went nuts. Then DJ walked towards us. "Uncle DJ!" Elizabeth yelled. "Hey booger!" DJ said. "Hey Jadah" he said hugging me. "What's up Chris" he said shaking his hand. "Alright you ready for today" DJ said to Elizabeth. "Yea!" She yelled. He laughed and headed back to the court. Blake was one of the last guys to come out. I felt weird and uncomfortable. I was glad Blake hasn't noticed us yet.

Blake's POV:

It was the fourth quarter and we were taking the lead. While I was dribbling up the court I saw from the corner of my eye a girl. Not any girl but I think it was Jadah. I passed the ball and stopped. Yea it was her. She looked so beautiful. I miss her so much. She's still with that one guy who's "buffer and prettier that me." There was a little girl in between them. She had light brown hair and was cheering the team on. It could only be one girl, and it was Elizabeth. My little girl is growing up and I'm missing it. I've made some bad decisions in my life and I wish I can go back and just wish I could be there for Jadah and Elizabeth.

Jadah's POV:

After the game we headed to the locker room. They got the win by the way. 117-101. The team already met Chris but he just felt awkward around them. We got to the locker room and Chris decided to wait outside the locker room. "Hey everybody" I said. "Sup Jadah" they said back. "Uncle DJ!" Elizabeth ran to DJ's arms. They were really close. "Hi uncle Chris and Matt!" She said. She calls everyone on the team uncle. Except for Doc. She calls Doc "grandpa or papa." This was her second home. I smiled and it warmed my heart to know that the team cares about my little girl. I sat in front of DJ's locker and started using my phone since everyone was having fun with Elizabeth. Blake was doing a post game interview.

Five minutes later someone walked in but I didn't bother to look up. Then he started to take off his shirt so I decided to get up. I knew it was Blake. I felt someone grab my arm before I could walk away. I turned and heard "Jadah?!" I really didn't want to run into Blake. I ignored him and tried getting my arm free. "Jadah please we have to talk" he said. "Blake there's nothing to talk about just please let me go" I said. "But I can't I love you" he said. "Let go please" I didn't want to tear up right know. Then Elizabeth came and tugged on my shirt. "Mommy" she said shyly. I never aloud her to get close or to talk to Blake. Blake was a stranger to her. I know it sad. I cleared my throat and said "Yea baby what's up?" "Can daddy take me to uncle DJ's house tomorrow?" She asked. Before I could talk Blake said "Is she talking about me?" I scowled at him and said "No. She's talking about Chris. Just please don't say anything else." "Your not my daddy" Elizabeth said. "No of course he's not, he's just crazy" I said. "Ugh I don't know go ask daddy he's outside the locker room" I said. She ran out to her dad. "She doesn't know about me, does she?!" He said. "No. And she's happy with Chris, her step-father but she thinks he's her real dad." I said. "She has to meet me" he said. "I can't tell her your he father. She'll be confused and she'll think her whole life had been a lie" I said. "But-" I cut him off and said "Look we have to go. It was nice seeing you Blake." I flashed him a fake smile and left.

I carried Elizabeth and Chris said "Babe you ok?" I sighed and said "Yea it was just weird seeing Blake." Chris put his arm around my shoulder and said "Don't worry about him. Just worry about things that are important like your family." He kissed and Elizabeth said "EWWW." I put her down and we walked to Chris's car. On our way home Elizabeth fell asleep. When we got home we all got comfortable and while everyone else was sleeping, I was laying in bed thinking about Blake and about Elizabeth. Should I tell Elizabeth that Blake is her real father?