braces - niall ddm

| Name - Y/n (your name) |
| Age - twelve |
| Backstory - you get braces and are scared of what people will think |

—————————————————————————•Y/n's pov•
Today I get braces, and I'm not one bit excited. I'm fine with pain, but Its the having to face the reality of them looking bad. Im gonna get Bullied. People are gonna think I'm ugly and a nerd.

I sigh laying back down in my bed, Face down. It's only dad at home so he's gonna have to take me. He keeps saying it'll be fine but it's just bull.

"Princess, we've got to go now" I hear my dad say before I heard a soft knock on the door.

"No dad, I'm not going" I said stuffing my face further into the pillow.

"And why's that?" He says before I felt a hand in my back, I didn't even hear him come in.

"Because" I mumble.

"Do I have to carry you to the car?" He chuckles.

"no but I'm willing to make a deal" I say sitting up smiling widely.

"What kind of deal are we talking about?" I knew that would get him intrigued.

"A good one" I smile.

"Go on, I like the sound of this"

"If I go we have to get Nandos for dinner"

"Okay but you know your mouth might hurt?" He reminds.

"I bet it didn't stop you did it?" I say.

"Touché" he chuckles.

•Niall's pov•
We had just gotten to the orthodontist I could tell y/n was really nervous. I was when I got mine too. And as of now we are sitting in the waiting room waiting for y/n to go in. I had already asked and she said she didn't want me going in. Which I'm fine with she probably wanted to do a dramatic reveal, she's been with Lou recently.

"What colour you gonna get?" I ask.

"It's a Surprise" she giggles.

"Y/n Horan?"

•Y/n's pov•
"Hi" the orthodontist says guiding me into his office thingy.

"Hi" I reply sitting down.

"So you excited?"

"No" I chuckle.

"You'll be fine, there's nothing to worry about" he says. "What colour are you thinking?"

"I wanna get-"

•Niall's pov•
Y/n had gone in around twenty five minutes ago which means she should be coming out any minute now. Which has made me so excited! I know she'll look so good with braces. Just like I did.

Then I saw y/n start to walk out from the orthodontist's office, finally! We finish up setting appointments up and all that. Y/n's still being stubborn and won't let me see. We were now back at the car and I still hadn't seen.

"Y/n princess, you know I will see eventually" I say.

"No" she mumbles her hand on her mouth.

"Why can't I see?" I ask.

"Because it looks bad" she sighs.

"I bet you they look amazing. If you let me see when we get dinner we can have ice cream sundaes?"

"finnnneee" she says slowly moving her hand from her mouth.

"We don't have all day I gotta drive" I chuckle, keeping an eye on the road and y/n in the mirror.

"tada" she says blankly with no emotion. She smiled weakly showing her brand new light blue braces. They looks amazing If you asked me.

"You look so much better with them than I did" I chuckle.

"No I look bad people are gonna laugh at me"

"Trust me they won't, you look gorgeous princess"

"Nandos and ice cream now" she says trying to change the subject, which is understandable she probably doesn't want to talk to me about it.

"A deal is a deal" I say.

—————————————————————————