middle child syndrome - niall ddm

| name - Y/n (your name) |
| your age - nine |
| Amelia - your mum|
| nathan - your fourteen year old brother |
| noah - your six year old brother |
| Backstory - middle child syndrome |
—————————————————————————

y/n's pov
12th february
you might be wondering what is there to complain about when you have what most kids dream of.

happy parents, siblings, a trampoline and your own room. sounds like the best, doesn't it? well im sorry to tell you that, this dream for me was shattered by what you call 'middle child syndrome'.

now, when you google 'middle child syndrome' it comes up with 'the belief that middle children are excluded, ignored, or even outright neglected because of their birth order' but in my case, get rid of the word 'belief'.

you see my dad plays guitar with my older brother Nathan, and mum is always fussing over my younger brother Noah, where does that leave me? alone.

allow me to set up a scenario for you, as of right now i'm sitting in the kitchen. eating my cereal and writing in my book.

where is mum and dad? dad's taken nathan to a museum of old guitars and such, while mum's off with noah at his soccer game.

they didn't even tell me, i woke up to a note on the bench. i had to log into my mums instagram to see where they went.

dad posted all over his story about his time with nathan. my mums posted lots of videos and photos of noah running around with a soccer ball.

'we've gone out, i'm with noah, dads with nathan, don't know when we'll be back - mum'

yeah, middle child syndrome doesn't seem so fake anymore does it? you see i've become a very creative person, when you spend a lot of time by yourself you figure out how to keep yourself entertained.

anyways, my hands pretty sore and i think i hear mum and dad's cars outside. i'm sure i'll be back writing more later, y/n. 

"we're home" i heard dad's voice say.

"hi" i said, simply as they all walked into the kitchen all smiling.

"y/n, you've made a mess! you have to clean this all up before you even think about doing anything else" my mum snapped. record timing, it's been less than ten seconds and i'm getting yelled at.

"i will, it's just one bowl?" i say, getting up and rushing over to the sink.

"don't sass your mum, y/n please just pick it up" dad added, as per usual siding with my mum and siblings.

"hey dad can i show you the video of me scoring a goal?!" noah said, running over to dad mum's phone in his hand.

"of course you can, i feel so bad i missed it" dad replied, leaving the room with noah.

"mum look at this photo i took" nathan said, showing mum a photo he took of some old guitar. i sighed before putting the bowl up to dry, then going up to my room.

nathan's pov
"where did y/n go?" i asked my mum seeing as she wasn't there.

"i don't know, probably to her room" my mum replied.