didnt we trick you? - zayn imagine

| name - Y/n (your name) |
| hallie and indy - your five year old twins |
| Backstory - the keep switching places|
—————————————————————————

y/n's pov
"mummy! me and hallie need help" indy asked me, her and hallie running into zayn and i's room.

"what can i help you two with?" i chuckled at their excitement.

"we want to trick daddy" hallie giggled.

"how do you plan on doing that?" i asked, intrigued in how they plan on tricking zayn.

"we want to pretend to be each other!" indy smiled. "but we need you to pretty please do my hair like hallie"

"okay, but i don't like the sound of this" i chuckled.

~

once i had gotten indy's hair done they changed into matching outfits, they really did look almost identical. apart from the fact hallie has slightly more freckles on her nose.

"all done mummy! look we the same, i'm hallie now" indy smiled.

"and i'm indy!" hallie giggled.

"good luck girls but daddy knows you two pretty well" i said, watching as they ran out of the bedroom.

zayn's pov
"daddy!" i heard indy yell running into the office.

"hey baby, what are you and hallie up to?" i asked her, just as hallie walked in.

"i'm hallie! i thought you knew us daddy" indy said, gasping dramatically.

i knew what they were doing, it's easy for me and y/n to tell them apart. others always get them confused so i understand why they think i'll fall for it.

"i'm so sorry hallie" i said, playing along. indy giggles before hallie stood next to her.

it was easy to seperate them. hallie has a couple more freckles on her nose, indy doesn't have as many. indy's eyes are ever so slightly lighter than hallies too.

not to mention hallie is the more shyer of the two, indy's more loud. which is normally how people tell them apart.

"this is indy, silly" indy sasses.

"silly daddy, i am indy. she's hallie"

"i'm so sorry, how could i ever make it up to you two" i sighed.

they turned to each other and whispered before turning back to me.

"ice cream?"

"okay but promise not to tell mummy" i said. they nodded before running downstairs.

~

the girls had eaten their ice cream and we were now watching a movie. by popular demand, it was tangled.

"did you really mix us up daddy?" hallie asked, cuddling up to me. it almost seemed she was a little upset.

"don't worry babe, i know who's who. i was being silly and playing along" i said, kissing her forehead.

"good it made me a little sad" she said.

"how do you tell us apart anyways?" indy asked, joining into our conversation.

"it's easy for us, it's just people that don't know you as well get you mixed up" y/n smiled.

"see hallie you have a little bit more freckles than indy. and indy's eyes are slightly lighter and not as dark as yours" i said.

"and not to mention indy's a little more loud and outgoing where hallie your a little more shy and not as loud" y/n added.

"oh, then why do people get us mixed? we completely different?" indy asked.

"those are just small things some people don't really notice those little things"

"oh i get it now, so maybe me and hallie can switch at school" indy said, a cheeky smile on her face.

"maybe not at school" y/n said, trying not to laugh.

"okay not at school" hallie says a small pout on her lips.

"shhh! it's my favourite part" indy yelled, as her favourite part of the movie came up. what would we do without our crazy girls?