are we ready? - niall imagine

| name - y/n (your name) |
| your age - twenty five |
| storyline - you find out something and wonder if your ready for it |
__________________________________

y/n's pov
i was hovered over the toilet seat for the fifth time this morning, i've been getting so sick lately. i just suspect it's a stomach bug. niall's been really busy at work and i had to beg him to leave me at home. 

i had told eleanor about fifteen minutes ago and asked if she could come over just to give me some company. she said she had something that might help but that just worried me more. "hey, you okay?" el has a key to niall and i's place, i had told her to let herself in. 

"i feel horrible el" i whined, flushing the toilet and getting up slowly. 

"how long have you been feeling like this?" she asked, sitting on niall and i's bed. i brushed my teeth and washed my hands. 

"like four ish days" i said. 

"is there now here me out any way that you could be pregnant? it sounds like morning sickness" she said, i looked at her both eyebrows rasied. 

"no, el there's no way" i said, trying to remember my last period. "why can't i remember my last period" i said freaked out, my heart beat racing. 

"i didn't mean to freak you out, here sit" she held my arm and helped me sit down. "are you and niall always safe?"

i stopped to think "there was this one time about a month or so ago" i said, calming myself down. 

"why don't i go grab a test? you stay here and calm yourself down, maybe call niall and tell him your still not feeling well?" 

"i don't want to freak him out" i told her. 

"i'll be back, there's a pharmacy down the road. i'll be five minutes" she told me and got up. 

"okay" i smiled weakly at her. i couldn't be pregnant, but niall and i have only been married for four months. were not ready yet, yes we both want kids but not yet. we talked about waiting a year or two before we start trying. 

all my thoughts scared me, what if i am pregnant? how would niall react? would he be happy, angry, or would he leave me? would he yell at me? 

~

"i'm back, here theres a couple different ones" eleanor smiled, handing me the bag. i smiled and took it, going into the ensuite and closing the door. "i know this isn't what you or niall had planned, but if you are, i promise i'll be there for you and we both know niall will be there every step of the way" 

"thank you el, it means a lot" i said, i had done one of each of the tests and had them sitting on the counter. we waited in silence for five minutes, i was too scared to look. 

"what do they say?" she asked. 

"i'm too scared to look" i said, squinting my eyes. 

"take your time, it's okay" she said, her voice is reassuring and calming. i took a deep breath in before looking over at the three different types of tests. 

pregnant 

+

positive 

"el" i said, tears rushing down my cheeks.

"w-what, are you okay?" eleanor said, sliding the bathroom door open. 

she wrapped her arms around me and i rested my head to her shoulder "i'm pregnant, el i-i'm pregnant" 

"this is amazing y/n, you and niall are going to be the best parents" she said, smiling. i wanted to be happy i really did but i was too busy worrying about what niall would say. 

i picked the tests up and walked over to niall and i's bed, sitting down and placing the tests on my lap. tears were running down my cheeks, i didn't know if they were happy, sad, scared or excited tears. 

"i know what your thinking, niall is going to be so happy" she said, wrapping her arms around me once again. 

"but what if he's not" i cried. 

"you and i both know niall wants nothing more than to have babies with you" she reassured me. 

"but we said we'd wait like two years before trying" i said now hysterically crying.

"stop with the buts, this is amazing" she said, wiping my cheeks. "aren't you happy?"

"yeah i am" i smiled weakly. "i'm going to be a mummy"

"yes you are" el cheered. "how are you going to tell niall?"

"i don't know, i might just tell him" i told her. "i'm just scared"

"it's okay to be scared, but you and i know niall is going to be over the moon" 

~

eleanor left around thirty minutes ago, it's her and louis's date night. niall had told me around ten minutes ago he left work and was on his way home, so i knew he'd be home in around fifteen. i ended up putting the tests into a small box and put them into my bedside table draw. 

"hey baby, feeling any better?" niall asked, sitting besides me. 

"yeah a little" i smiled, i sat up and gave him a hug. "hey uh ni, can you grab me my jewellery box from my bedside table? it's in the top drawer" here goes nothing. 

"this one?" he asked, holding up the box with the three tests in it. 

"yeah uh, can you open it? i can never get it open" i said, my hands shaking. i watched as he opened it, his face changing. it changed to an identifiable expression, i wish i knew what he was thinking. 

"a-are you?" his voice was strained as he spoke. i nodded, tears forming in my eyes. his face didn't change as he looked at the tests, he sat down and ran a hand through his hair. 

"i know it's not what we planned and i know it's a surprise, i understand if you aren't ha-" i began, before i could ramble on he smashed his lips onto mine. 

"i'm very happy" he smiled, it surprised me at the sudden change in his attitude. 

"are you sure?" i looked up, a questionable look on my face tears still in my eyes.

"why wouldn't i be?" he said, moving my chin so i was looking into his eyes before wiping my cheeks. 

"i don't know, we talked about waiting a year or so, i was worried you wouldn't be happy since it wasn't what we had planned" i said, my voice soft and quiet. 

"isn't life meant to be full of surprises? you can't plan things like these" his words were comforting. 

"i guess your right" i smiled. "i-i just don't feel like we're prepared, are we ready?"

"we are very ready" niall smiled, i don't know why i was so nervous. "i can't believe we're gonna be parents"

"i hope they have your eyes" i said, staring into niall's deep blue eyes. he smiled and his hand brushed my cheek, before kissing my lips passionately.

"i love you so incredibly much" niall smiled, his face and mine a centimetre apart. 

"i love you to the moon and back a billion times" i smiled back. "i can't wait to start this adventure with you"

"me too princess" he chuckled, taking my hand in his.