scared - harry ddm

| name - Y/n (your name) |
| your age - three |
| taylor - your mum |
| backstory - you get your tonsils removed |
_________________________________

harry's pov
tomorrow y/n's getting her tonsils removed, she's really scared as it's her first time getting any sort of surgery.

as of now i am sitting on the lounge, y/n laid next to me. taylor was upstairs packing y/n's bag for tomorrow.

"but why do i need it? daddy"

"because you've been sick and they want to keep you from getting sick again" i said, playing with the small ponytail on the top of her head.

"i don't want it, i fine" she huffs, crossing her arms with a pout.

"i know baby, i know" i sighed, watching as she cuddled up to my side.

~

it was now the next morning, to be fair it's barely morning the sun isn't even out yet. taylor and i put y/n's stuff in the car, along with her favourite fluffy blanket.

i walked quietly into y/n's room to see her fast asleep, a small pout on her lips. "d-daddy?" i hear her say, her voice just above a whisper.

"good morning baby" i said, sitting on the edge of her bed.

"time to wake up?" she asked, lifting her head slightly revealing her messy bed hair. "it still dark"

"yeah it is but you can sleep in the car" i smiled, she sat up and nodded.

we sat there for a few minutes before i picked y/n up and carried her down to the car. she was struggling to keep her eyes open while i placed her into her car seat.

taylor's pov
we had just arrived at the hospital, y/n was still fast asleep in her car seat. harry was driving and i was sat in the middle next to y/n's car seat.

"i'll come around and grab her" harry whispered as we pulled into the parking lot. it was still dark out.

we parked and i grabbed y/n's bag while harry picked y/n up bridal style. she was wrapped in her fluffy white blanket, her stuffed bunny in her arms.

we checked y/n in and went to the room we'd be staying in. harry sat in the arm chair and placed y/n so she was sitting in his lap but resting her head against his chest.

"she's not gonna be happy when she wakes up" i said, placing her bag next to the window.

"no she is not" harry said, laughing slightly.

twenty minutes passed and the doctor came in and we had to wake y/n up, she was now in the middle of a fit. she was still sitting with harry, but had her head hurried in his chest while she cried.

"please baby, i promise it's not scary. can you lift your head up?" harry begged for the tenth time.

"no!" she huffed, her voice all muffled.

"hey y/n? do you want a really cool wrist band?" the nurse smiled. y/n stopped crying for a second before turning her head, her face was red and her eyes were puffy.

"can i have your wrist? i promise it's just a really cool wrist band, it even has your name on it" she smiled, y/n nodded sticking her wrist out.

harry and i both sighed in relief, sending a look to each other. the look of, 'i need a drink and a nap'.

"look daddy" y/n sniffled, showing her 'wrist band' to harry.

"look how cool, it even says your name" he replied.