first night home - niall imagine

| name - Y/n (your name) |
| parker - your newborn son |
| backstory - first night at home with your new baby |
_________________________________

y/n's pov
around three days ago we welcomed our new baby parker and tonight is going to be our first night at home with him.

both niall and i couldn't be happier to be finally bringing him home. as of now we were finishing up packing our room, well at least niall is.

~

we were now in the car, i was sitting next to parker's car seat while niall drove. parker was fast asleep, not a care in the world.

"i love you but my dead grandma drives faster than you" i chuckled.

"i know, i know. i just want to be careful" he said, still not taking his eyes off of the road.

"niall, i promise you he's perfectly okay. he's sleeping well- like a baby" i said, not taking my eyes of our beautiful baby boy.

~

we made it home, niall came around and helped me out of the car. before taking parker out of his car seat and holding him in his arms. he was still fast asleep, not a bother in the world.

"welcome home baby" i smiled, as we walked up to the front door.

~

it was now around seven and everything had gone perfectly, maura came over an hour-ish ago since she couldn't make it to the hospital due to work.

we had dinner with her and she helped us settle in a little more with parker. maura loves parker and he adores her, he just snuggled right into her when she held him.

it was now time to put parker down for sleep, we had his bassinet next to niall and i's bed. parker is a happy baby and the past two nights he's slept perfectly. 

i held parker in my arms, i had just finished giving him a last feed. niall was downstairs finishing cleaning up from dinner. 

it was now time to put him offically down for bed, niall was sitting in the rocking chair with parker. "is it bad that i'm dreading this?" i spoke up.

"no, i am too but he's the most perfect baby" niall smiled, looking down at parker. "nothing bad could possibly go wrong" 

"please go to sleep baby" i begged, it had been an hour and every time we go to put parks down he begins to scream and cry. "what do we do?" i whispered.

"we can't just wait it out? if were quiet enough maybe he'll go to sleep" niall suggested. "maybe try putting him down again?"

i placed parker down carefully before his eyes opened widely and loud cry's filled both niall and i's ears. i jumped before picking him back up again, while sighing his cries immediately silent. 

"i'll take him and try" i handed parker over to niall, parker still dead quiet. "come on parks, sleeping isn't hard"

"i'll see if my mums awake, i'll try calling her" i said, grabbing my phone and calling my mum. 

niall's pov 
i held parker, watching as his blue eyes stared up at me. "why won't you sleep parks? do you just like being held?" i cooed. 

"mum said just to try using a pacifier or rocking him" y/n said, holding a pacifier.

"it's worth a shot" i sighed, taking it from her and giving parker the pacifier. he took it happily and closed his eyes. both y/n and i sharing happy looks. 

i mentally crossed my fingers before putting parker back down into his bassinet, he was silent for a moment before spitting the pacifier out and crying. i picked him back up and he went quiet, i gave him back the pacifier. 

it was the next morning, last night was horrible parker doesn't like being put down for a nap. he loves being held, we eventually just took shifts holding him and sleeping. we called our doctor and she gave us advice. i just hope this doesn't last long. 

y/nhoran: welcome home 🤍