sad - zayn bsm

| name - y/n (your name) |
| your age - five |
| his age - seventeen |
| story line - your sad after your fish passes away |
__________________________________

zayn's pov
while y/n was at school, mum found y/n's fish fishy no longer alive in his fish tank. it broke my heart, she loves her fish with her whole heart. i told mum i'd take her out for ice cream after school, to give mum a little more time to figure it all out. 

my school finishes thirty minutes before y/n's, giving me time to drive to pick her up. which is what i usually do every afternoon but today i think she'll need some ice cream. school finished and i said goodbye to all my friends before rushing to my car. 

~

"zaynie!" i heard her small voice cheer, before seeing her small figure bolt towards me. 

"hey bug" i chuckled, watching as she flung herself into my arms. i hugged her tightly before whispering "i have a surprise for you"

"ooo can you tell me" she begged, looking up at me with her big brown eyes.

"nope it's a surprise for a reason silly" i took her school bag and held it in one hand, holding hers in my free hand. together we then went to my car, i helped her buckle her seatbelt. 

"can you tell me now zaynie?" she asked.

"you'll know soon" i smiled and before we knew it we had arrived. 

i heard y/n gasp loudly, "ice cream!?"

"you guessed it" i chuckled, parking the car and then going around to her side and opening the door for her. i lifted her out of the car and took her hand as we walked into the ice cream shop. "what do you want to get?"

"ooo, maybe chocolate?" she smiled, looking at all the flavours. 

"thats a good choice" 

~

we got our ice cream and sat outside the small shop, talking about everything from school to her swimming classes. we were now home and were greeted with mum and dad standing at the door. 

"mummy! daddy!" y/n giggled, giving them both a tight hug. 

"hey baby, come sit down" mum said, her voice was soft. y/n took her hand as dad led them over to the lounge. i followed shortly behind before sitting in an arm chair. y/n sat closely in the middle of both mum and dad. 

"you know fishy?" dad started, y/n nodded. 

"yep! i love fishy"

"i went to go check on fishy and fishy was sleeping" i could see how sad my parents were having to tell y/n her first pet is no longer with us. 

"silly fishy, fishy loves his sleep" she giggled.

"fishy isn't going to wake up after this nap" mum whispered. 

y/n had a confused look on her face. "what you mean mummy?"

"fishy isn't going to wake up, fishy's gone for a long nap" i spoke, seeing the relief in mum and dads eyes as i spoke.

"is fishy dead?" y/n's eyes were wide and glossy. 

"yeah baby" dad whispered, immediately tears began rolling down y/n's cheeks. dad wrapped his arms around her, pulling her onto his lap as she cried into his chest. i got up and went to hug my mum, tears in her eyes watching as y/n's heart broke. 

~

it had been an hour, mum and y/n arranged a funeral for fishy while dad and i found a small box to put him in. y/n made us all change into black clothes and go to the backyard, near a tree. dad had already dug a hole and i found a rock to make a small tombstone. 

"thank you all for coming, today we say good bye to fishy. fishy was the best fish i could ever ask for. i love him with my whole heart and i will miss you fishy" y/n said, sniffling along the way. 

we all said our favourite things about fishy, which was hard since it's a goldfish but i'd do anything for my sister. we then buried fishy and for the rest of the night made sure y/n was okay. we all took turns cuddling with her and making her laugh.