grandma and grandpa - zayn imagine

| name - Y/n (your name) |
| frankie - your three week old daughter |
| mason - your two year old son |
| beau - your five year old son |
| Backstory - you visit zayn's parents with the kids and the new baby |
—————————————————————————

y/n's pov
today we're going to visit zayn's parents. we haven't seen them in so long, they were unable to visit when frankie was born due to hospital restrictions.

mase and beau have been begging me to go see their grandma and grandpa. they really miss them, we all do.

"i can't wait for them to meet frankie" zayn says, sliding out of bed.

"i just can't wait to see their face when they find out they got a granddaughter" i say, buttoning the last of frankie's buttons on her onesie.

zayn and i decided to leave the gender a surprise with frankie. we had decided she would be our last and we wanted to leave it a surprise.

we decided on the name frankie either for a girl or boy, it worked both ways and it suits her so well.

"mum will cry, hundred percent" zayn chuckles, coming over to us and scooping frankie up.

"i love your mum, don't be mean" i said, beginning to pack her diaper bag.

"i'm not, i love my mum" he smiled, a big toothy smile. i didn't know if he was being a smart ass or just being silly. i'll leave that for you to decide.

~

we were now in the car and ready to go. everyone was ready, calm and in the car. the three most important things.

"i can't wait to see grandma!" mason giggled.

"i can't wait to see grandpa, last time i saw him he promised to teach me to play cheese" beau smiled.

"b, do you mean chess? not cheese" i chuckled, as zayn pulled out of the driveway.

"yeah chess" he smiled.

"be careful, grandpa's good at cheese" zayn chuckled to himself.

"not funny dad" beau said, cross his arms against his chest.

"i'm kidding b, but he is good at chess good luck. he shows no mercy, he never let me win"

"he let me win when i played against him" i smiled.

"that's because you were playing cheese not chess. you admitted to forgetting the rules and 'yoloing' it" zayn chuckled, making beau and mason laugh.

"in my defence i didn't have a dad to teach me" i say, i have a odd sense of humour. it's how i cope.

"you can't pull that card" zayn sighed.

my dad was a bad man, he left when i was two. just after my younger brother was born. i don't miss him, he was a very bad man. even if i knew him today he wouldn't be allowed near my family.

"mummy? frankie is being silly" mason said, laughing at frankie pulling a funny face. her nose all scrunched up.

"she's silly isn't she?" i smiled.