ice cream dates - zayn ddm

| name - Y/n (your name) |
| your age - five |
| backstory - you go on a ice cream date after your first day at school  |
__________________________________

zayn's pov
today is my daughter y/n's first day of school, she was super nervous this morning and i promised i'd take her for ice cream after school. after that she willingly walked straight into the school gates. 

it's super weird not having her home, the house just feels boring. yes, she had gone to preschool but this is different. she only had to go to preschool when i had to go into work, which was at most once or twice a week. 

~

finally it's three and i get to go pick y/n up, i never really understood how people explained the transition of going from having your child around all day to going to school. now i understand the feeling, the feeling of not knowing what to do with yourself.

i stood outside y/n classroom where ad dropped her off,  along with many other parents. "daddy?!" y/n squealed running over to me and giving me a tight hug. 

"hi baby, i missed you" i smiled, hugging her back. 

"i misseded you very much too" she giggled, taking her backpack off and putting it on the floor next to her. "can you hold it please? it heavy"

"of course" i chuckled, picking it up and holding it over one of my shoulders. "you ready for some ice cream?" 

"yes! yes! yes!" she cheered, jumping up and down before taking my free hand in hers. 

~

we had just made it to the small ice cream shop near our house, right by y/n's favourite park. "are you gonna get one too daddy?"

"maybe, i dunno" 

"please? we have to be matchy" she pouted as we walked inside. 

~

we got our ice creams and took a seat outside at a small table. y/n happily eating her ice cream, while i laughed at the ice cream all over her face it was adorable. 

"wanna know my favourite thing 'bout today?'' she asked. 

"of course i do, what was it?" i asked, still laughing at the ice cream on her face. 

"right now" she smiled. "oh! and when i accidently tripped over owen" 

"did you say sorry to owen?" i asked, fighting a smile.

"yep" she smiles. "then we played tip"

"that's good baby" 

for the next few hours we sat and talked about school everything from homework to playing tip. we even talked about her wanting a certain puppy, she's convinced she's getting this puppy.