soccer? - niall imagine

| name - Y/n (your name) |
| mackenzie - your seven year old daughter|
| storyline - he comes to watch her play soccer |

i just wanted to say before i start, i'm australian so i'm saying soccer i apologise if you say football. it's just easier for me to use soccer, im sorry if it's an inconvenience. i just wanted to let you all know before you continue <3
_________________________________

y/n's pov
i stood in the bathroom with mackenzie, she has a one of her last soccer games before the semi finals. she's been playing soccer since she was in 'little kickers'.

i remember how excited niall was when she first said she wanted to play soccer. of course niall and i would support any choice she made regarding
sports.

due to niall's new album he's been super busy and unfortunately hasn't had time to watch any of her games this season.

today niall is finally able to come and watch. he hasn't been able to hold in his excitement neither has kenzie.

"i'm so happy dad gets to come" she smiled, kenzie was sat on the bathroom bench her legs crossed as she faced the mirror.

"i am very happy too and i know he is very happy too" i smiled, brushing through her long light brown hair.

"i hope we do well" mac said, watching as i began to do the first braid in her hair.

"i know you will baby, your team has been doing so well this season" i added.

"i know, i know. i just want dad to be proud of me" she smiled, her beautiful smile.

"he's so proud of you, he always will be" i said, tying an elastic onto the end of her braid. i've always loved how braids look on mackenzie.

i finished the second braid and added small light blue bow's on the ends. the blue matches her jersey perfectly.

~

we had made it to her game around forty or so minutes early. niall and i laid our picnic blanket down and placed kenzie's bag down.

"can you tie it really tight?" kenzie asked niall, putting her foot in front of him. her tiny soccer boots leaving mud on the blanket.

niall chuckled before beginning to tie her shoe. "i'm the master at tying shoes"

"don't get too cocky dad" she giggled. "if my shoe falls of it's your fault"

"it won't fall off silly but if it does i'll but you ice cream" niall added, kenzie smiling.

after a minute or so kenzie stood up, both her shoes tied and took her sweatpants and hoodie off. "it's freezing" she said, running on the spot.

"come here kenz" i chuckled, opening my arms for her. she ran to my arms and i held her tightly in my jumper.

"now i'm lonely" niall pouted.

"then get your lonely butt over here" kenzie laughed. niall rolled his eyes jokingly before joining our big hug.

~

kenzie was warming up with her team, niall and i were sat near the field. niall was buzzing with excitement.

mackenzie's team is really good for an all girls under eight team, they all work together amazingly and have been playing together for two years.

"i'm so excited, i just hope she's happy i'm here" niall said, sitting closely besides me. the cold kept drawing us closer to keep ourselves warm.

"while i was don't her hair she couldn't stop talking about how happy she was" i smiled.

"i was telling harry how excited i was to be watching one of her games for the first time in forever. he said he misses when ethan played soccer" niall said, ethan is harry's son he's a few years older than kenz.

i just smiled and cuddled up a little closer towards niall, i couldn't be more happier that he was here.

~

the game started maybe twenty minutes ago and kenzie's team was doing amazing, the score was one - one.

"come on kenz" niall mumbled holding tightly onto my hand. she was dribbling the ball while running towards the goal.

we watched closely and carefully as kenzie kicked the ball, it perfectly made it into the goal and past the opposing team members.

"yes!" we all cheered as kenzie jumped up and down excitedly, hugging her team mates.

~

the game was now over and the score was five - three. kenzie's team won! last time they played this certain team they lost four - two.

kenz ran off the field and straight into niall's arms. "i'm so proud of you baby"

"thank you dad" she smiled, hugging him tightly as he picked her up.

"you do so so so well, i think that's the best i've seen you play for a while" i said, joining the hug.

"thank you mum" she giggles. "i'm just happy you both got to come"

"why don't you take those muddy shoes off and put your hoodie back on and we can go" i chuckled, niall put her down and kenzie sat down to take her shoes off.

she chucked them into her bag and put her sweatpants on. we had her bag all packed up and had said goodbye to her friends and coaches.

i laughed watching as niall ran after mackenzie, her bag over his shoulder and her water bottle in his hands.

he was chasing her and spraying her with water as they ran back to the car. she was screaming and giggling while running along the grass, waving her arms around in the air.

all i could see was the blue bow's on the ends of her braids and her blue jersey with the name 'horan' and number '14' on it as she bolted to the car.

"save meeeeeee" i could hear her giggle loudly, hiding behind the car.

~

we were on our way home, kenzie was telling us all about her favourite parts of today.

"i could hear you and dad cheering, it made me very happy" she smiled.

"we're your biggest cheerleaders baby, youll always here us cheering for you" i told her.

"i know" she smiled, kicking her feet around. "thank you for coming dad"

"you don't need to thank me, I'm always going to be at as many of your games as i can" niall said, a huge goofy smile on his face.

"i know i don't need to, i want to. im really happy you came"