fat cheeseball and the runner - louis ddm

| Name - Y/n (your name) |
|your age - four|
| Backstory - he reads you a book |
—————————————————————————

louis's pov
"come on baby, it's bedtime" i said, to my very tired four year old on the edge of the couch.

"no" she pouts, crossing her arms against her chest. her face changes and she smiles, a very cheeky smile. she got up from the couch and bolted.

"y/n" i groaned, chasing after her. always been a runner, always will be.

"never" she giggles, i could hear her tiny feet running up the stairs.

i decided i'd give her a mintue, i'll wait until she hidden which will either be in my office or in my bedroom. it's always one of the two.

i waited and then carefully went up the stairs. i could hear small giggles coming from my wardrobe.

as i walked closed towards the wardrobe i could hear her giggles stop. i opened the door and her face was priceless.

she scream and went to run but i had caught her. "sneaky, very sneaky" she giggles.

"now how about a story and bed?" i suggest. she nods, resting her head on my shoulder.

~

she was now tucked in bed, i was sat next to her a book in my hands. not just any book, her favourite. the lorax, or fat cheese ball as she loves to say.

"at the far end of town, where the grickle-grass grows and the wind smell slow and sour when it blows" i began. "and no birds ever sing except old crows in the streets of the lifted lorax" she was now cuddled up next to me, her eyelids dropping.  

"and deep in the grickle grass, some people say if you look deep enough you can still see, today, where the lorax once stood, just as long as it could before somebody lifted the lorax away" i read, flipping the page.

"what was the Lorax?" i read, awaiting the response i get every night.

"a fat cheese ball" y/n said, giggling.

i chuckled before going on "and why was it there? and why was it lifted and taken somewhere from the far end of town where the grickle-grass grows? the old onceler still lives here. ask him. he knows."

i looked besides me to see y/n fast sleep, her lips in a slight pout. i normally get a little further in the book then this, all her running must of made her tired.

"goodnight baby, sleep well" i whispered, closing the book and kissing her cheek softly.