step mum? - harry ddm

| name - y/n (your name) |
| your age - your thirteen |
| charlotte - your step mum|
| storyline - your not so nice step mum is being horrible to you |
__________________________________

y/n's pov
this past month has been the worst. my dad married the most horrible woman ever and i guess my step mum now. my mum died when i was only four, but i don't want some witch coming in and just being my mum. it doesn't work like that. 

not to mention she's just plain evil. charlotte calls me names, gives me unreasonable punishments and is just horrible to me. she's somewhat smart and only ever treats me like that when my dad isn't there. 

i first got introduced to charlotte when i was eleven, back then she was a little nicer then but even then it was obvious she didn't like me. the feeling has always been mutual if anything i hate her. but i pretend not too for my dad. 

"hey baby, charlotte and i are going to run down to the markets do you want to come?" my dad asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts. i cringed at the mention of her name.

"no it's okay, i need to uh- clean my room" i smiled, subtly kicking a blanket onto the floor. 

"are you sure? we would love for you to come" we. there is no we. she isn't and will never be apart of this family. 

"it's okay. you go have fun" i smiled, he came over and hugged me before walking over towards the door. 

"i'll make sure to get you some of those muffins you love" 

"thank you" i smiled, i do love muffins. 

~

my bedroom door randomly slammed open to reveal the witch. "harry wants you downstairs" she said, rolling her eyes before mumbling. "don't know why he'd want to"

i nodded and got up, walking past her and downstairs. i felt her gaze as i walked towards my dad, i felt like i was under close surveillance. "hey angel, i got you those muffins" 

"thank you dad" i chuckled a little awkwardly as he pulled me into a hug. 

"we forgot to get eggs haz" charlotte said, her horrible voice hurting my ears. the things she calls my dad are like hearing nails on a chalk board. 

"i'll go grab some, why don't you and y/n stsrt dinner?" he suggested, i mentally rolled my eyes. i'd rather die. 

"of course honey, we'll start on dinner" 

~

"why is it so hard for you to read the instructions! how stupid are you" charlotte snarled, rolling her eyes as she snatched the recipe from me. 

"you mean the recipe?" i asked, emotionless. 

"shut up, you brat! are you not going to help me?" she asked, in her snarky tone. her eyes scanned me from up and down. i sighed and walked into the kitchen, before i heard the front door open. 

"aw y/n your too good, i didn't even see that! you saved us and our dinner" charlotte said, turning her voice all high pitched as she pulled me harshly towards her in a hug. 

"i'mmm back!" dad cheered a huge smile on his face as he looked between the witch and i. 

"i'm going to go finish my homework" i said, pulling away from charlotte and smiling a little before running up to my bedroom. 

i sat down for a moment before i heard footsteps and my dad opened the door. looking a little angry. "why did you do that?"

"what did i do?" i asked, really confused. 

"charlottes so upset, she said you were being so rude to her all afternoon" he said, dad's eyes going darker. something that happens when he's mad. 

"i didn't do anything dad" i said, a little offended. 

"stop with the lying y/n, you need to apologise"

"no!" i snapped. 

"don't get like that with me, you will go apologise and then put your phone in my office" dad said, his tone harsh. 

"that's not fair dad, i didn't do anything" i told him. 

"stop y/n!" he snapped. "you will do what i say and you will do it now" 

"no!" i yelled back. charlottes a witch! she's trying to turn my own dad against me. she wants him to hate me, so she was have him all to herself. that selfish bitch. 

"enough y/n! your being ridiculous, your never like this! what is going on!" 

"you want me to be honest?" i asked, my tone soft but anger. he nodded, his eyebrows fused. "it's charlotte! she hates me! she's trying to turn you against me. she calls me names, she yells at me but charlotte's smart. she does it when your not around or when your not home" 

his jaw dropped a little, before anger took over. "your being so unreasonable y/n, she has done nothing to you. you just can't deal with having to share. i love you but you need to learn to share" 

"that's not what this is about! now get out!" i yelled. i never yell, and especially not at my dad. 

"go apologise now!" he came over and grabbed my wrist, before pulling my out of my room and downstairs. 

i stood in front of charlotte, who was fake crying. i rolled my eyes and looked at her in disgust. "happy?" i mumbled, she put her lips together in a pout before turning her head towards my dad. 

"y/n" dad growled. 

"i'm sorry for being so horrible and mean to you dearest charlotte" i smirked, sarcastically. she pouted again before walking over to my dad, and throwing herself on him. hiding her head in his shoulder and 'crying'. i just assumed that was my cue to go. 

~

it's been a few hours, i kinda thought dad would come and try to talk to me but he hadn't. i was a little surprised he took her side, i mean i'm his daughter? i've known him for thirteen years. he's known her for what two years?

my bedroom door opened suddenly and charlotte appeared. "get up brat, your dad wants you downstairs" she snapped. 

"just tell him i'm asleep" i replied, before putting my head into my pillow. 

"no wonder he doesn't love you, your such a worthless piece of shit. now sit up when im talking to you!" she said, her horrible high pitched voice making my ears bleed.

"why?" i sighed, before i felt her boney hand on my shoulder. i shivered at her touch before she harshly pulled me to sit up and looked her in the face. 

"look me in my eyes when i speak" she said, her tone was very harsh. i moved my gaze from her eyes to the floor. "look at me when i am speaking y/n" charlotte growled through her gritted teeth. 

in the corner of my eye i saw her begin to raise her hand. she hates me, but charlottes never hit me. i closed my eyes awaiting to feel a strong sting on my face.

"don't touch her" i heard my dad say, his voice was harsh and angry. i slowly opened my eyes to see dad holding charlotte's hand, tears sprung to my eyes. 

all my emotions from the past two eyes just came out, i watched as he lightly pushed charlotte away before rushing to my side and holding me tightly. 

"i'm so sorry i didn't believe you" i moved my eyes from the floor to charlotte, who scoffed and walked out of the room. to where i can only hope is to pack all her crap. 

"it's okay dad" 

"no it's not baby, a-are you okay? did she do anything? has she does this before?" he asked suddenly, wiping my cheek with his thumb before studying my face. 

"i'm okay, no and no" i smiled, sniffing a little. 

"i'm so sorry, i should of believed you" dad held me tightly. 

i hide in my room with my headphones in trying to tune out the yelling. dad really was not happy, neither was charlotte but who really cares about her? i know i don't. i'm just happy i'll never have to see, hear and deal with her again.