christmas dinner - niall imagine

| name - Y/n (your name) |
|ellerie - your six year old daughter |
|elliot - your four year old son |
| backstory - your family has a christmas dinner |
__________________________________

y/n's pov
todays christmas! both niall and i were awoken to ellerie and elliot jumping on our bed. i found it adorable how excited they were, niall on the other hand just wanted to sleep after his long week at work.

flashback - third person
it was around five thirty in the morning and a very excited elliot was wide awake and ready for everything christmas to begin. 

elliot ran into his sisters room, a huge smile on his face. "ellie! wake up! it's christmas" 

"merry christmas E" ellerie smiled, getting up from her bed. elliot taking her hand as they ran into their parent's bedroom. 

the two ran into their parent's bedroom, giggling quietly to each other as they pull themselves up onto their bed. they began jumping up and down chaotically hoping it would wake them up. 

"wake up! it's christmas!" elliot giggled loudly. 

"yeah! merry christmas!" ellerie cheered, being careful not to jump on either of her very tired parents.

"merry christmas" y/n smiled, sitting up and resting her back against the headboard.

ellerie and elliot sat down in front of y/n and gave her a big christmas hug. "mama, why is dad still sleeping? its christmas!" elliot sighed.

"i'm awake" niall whined, not wanting to be jump on anymore.

"merry christmas dad" ellerie smiled, giving her dad a hug.

"merry christmas baby" niall said, he couldn't be grumpy on christmas.

although to get this week off for christmas he had to work twice as hard the previous week, it's all worth it to him to see his kids so happy and he wouldn't miss it for the world.

"merry christmas dad" elliot said, excitedly. it was only last year he really began to understand christmas.

"merry christmas E" niall smiled, embracing elliot in a tight hug. "do you guys have any idea how early it is?"

"no" the two said, looking at one another their expressions both as confused as each other.
end of flashback - y/n's pov

"mum?" ellerie asked, running up to me.

"yeah baby?" i smiled, while placing down the table runner.

"who's coming exactly?" she asked, sliding a chair out from under the table and sitting down.

"grandma, grandpa, uncle greg, aunty denise, theo and uncle matt" i smiled.

most of niall's family was coming to our christmas dinner. my brothers coming, unfortunately my parents are still at home in mew york and can't make it.

"uncle matty! theo!" she gasped.

"yeah, you excited" i chuckled, placing down all the place mats.

"yes!"

~

it's been a little and everyone's here, elliot, ellerie and theo are upstairs playing mario kart on the tv. you can occasionally hear them yell something like 'you cheated!' or 'you ran into me!'. 

"you cheated! i was winning" elliot yelled out. due to being a little younger he doesn't quite get it. 

"they sound like they're having fun" matt chuckled. 

"they really do, i think the mario kart was a good gift on our behalf" maura smiled, bobby nodding along. 

~

it had been a little over an hour and everyone was sitting at the table, we were just talking about the day so far and everyone's favourite thing. 

"ooo, i liked jumping on mum and dad's bed" elliot smiled. 

"yeah me too!" ellerie added, a huge smile on her face. "what about you theo?"

"i liked playing mario kart and winning" theo said. 

"i won a round too" ellerie said before taking a sip from her cup. 

"i nearly did" elliot added, rolling his eyes and sticking his tongue out at ellerie. "your turn mum"

"i really enjoyed cooking with ellie's help" i said, ellerie helped me make our christmas dinner. 

"i've really loved spending time together" matt added, a smile on his face.

~

we were now all sitting in the lounge room upstairs watching elliot, niall and greg all versus each other. elliot smiling as he zoomed past greg, who was letting him win. 

"grandma, wanna play with me and theo next?" ellerie asked maura. 

"of course, you'll have to go easy on me" 

"I WON!" elliot yelled, jumping up and dancing. 

"good job E" niall chuckled, high fiving him. 

"yeah, good job Mr E" greg added, also high fiving elliot. 

for the rest of the night many mario kart games were played, many were lost and many were won. it was lots of fun and i know we will always cherish.  

y/nhoran: merry christmas from our family to yours ⛄️

___________________________________________

sorry this chapter kinda sucks, i had the idea and i'm not too confident with this one but despite that i hope you enjoyed it. - sadie <3