our dancer - niall imagine

| Name - Y/n (your name) |
|  leia - your seven year old daughter |
| Backstory - your daughter does a dance photo shoot|
—————————————————————————

y/n's pov
today our daughter leia is doing her first ever dance photo shoot. she's super excited to do this. it's all leia talks about.

leia's also been talking about making her own instagram, she loves to dance and wants to make an account for all of her dance content.

if leia wants to do more modelling she'll need her own account, but i don't want our eight year old handling her own instagram account.

niall and i talked and we decided to let her, we'll run it but she can help with what to post and captions and all of that.

~

we were now in the car and leia was very excited. she was sitting there bussing with excitement.

"i'm super excited" leia giggled.

"we can tell baby" niall chuckled.

she gasped. "i just remembered i get to model for universal dance photos, that's crazy"

"yeah it is" i smiled.

niall turned to me and whispered "it's so cute how excited she is"

"yeah it is" i whispered back.

~

we were now at the studio where the photos were being taken. i did leia's hair before we left and all they did was a little bit of make up on her.

i don't really know how photo shoots go, niall well he's been doing them for years and this is leia's first one.

"i never knew dance photos were so serious" niall chucked, looking at leia posing her leg high in the air. "i knew she was flexible but woah"

i loved watching niall watch leia, he is so proud of  her and you can tell just by the way he watches her with a smile on his face.

"i know, she always shows me her knew leg hold but this is a new level of flexible" i chuckled.

niall and i sat at the back watching leia living her dream of being like these girls she lives up to on covers of dance magazines.

"do we tell her we made her the account?" niall asked.

"we should in the car or when we get home" i suggested.

"yeah good idea" niall agreed, just as leia came running over.

"did we bring my new contemporary solo costume?" leia asked.

"sure did, it's in the bag we brang" i said, helping her looking for it.

she does this beautiful contemporary solo, called 'already gone' it's by sleeping at last. it's a beautiful white costume.

"here it is" she smiled, holding the costume up.

"that is beautiful" one of the photographers miley said to leia. leia thanked her and quickly ran to put it on.

"she is the cutest thing, she takes corrections so well to" miley said.

"thank you, she was so excited for this" i smiled.

"we would love to have her again, i know of this brand that is looking for girls like her to model their new dance wear, if you would like i could contact them? i think she would be perfect for it"

"that would be amazing, thank you so much" niall said. leia would be so happy to hear this.

"all ready" leia said, running and jumping in front of niall and i.

~

they took some more photos and finished up, leia was super excited when miley told her about the dance wear brand. as of now we are in the car on our way home.

"we're so proud of you baby, you did so well today" i said, leia smiling in the back.

"why thank you"

"you handled all the cameras better than uncle lou ever did" niall chuckled. leia burst out into fits of laughter, her adorable laugh filling the car.

"you know how you wanted your own instagram?" i began, leia nodding.

"we decided to make you one but there is a couple rules that you have to understand" niall said.

"thank you and i promise i will" leia said.

"the account is on both dad and i's phone, because we have to look after it" i said.

"but you control when and what we post on it" niall said.

"this is exciting" leia giggled. "so i can pick a photo from today and post that one"

"yeah, but me or dad need to be there when you do it, is that okay?" i asked.

"yes, it's okay. thank you" she smiled.

"there's a lot of weird things online and we'd hate for you to get exposed to it" niall said. leia is smart and understands these sort of things so it's not completely unreasonable to have this conversation with her.

"thank you" she said once again.

~

we were now home and looking at all the photos they had emailed us. there is a lot of beautiful ones.

"i like this one the best" leia said, pointing to a photo of her in a black leotard and her leg up behind her.

"i think that one's beautiful" i smiled.

"that one's my favourite too, you look so grown up" niall said, hugging her.

"can we post this one?" she asks.

"of course we can"

~

we decided on things like a caption, who she follows and told her all the things she needed to know. it's her account and we want her to be able to do control it just as much as we do.

leia

leia.horan: today was my first ever dance photoshoot! i would like to thank @universaldancephotos for this amazing experience.

comments
y/nhoran: so proud of you baby 🫶🏼

universaldancephotos: it was a pleasure having you today, can't wait to have you again 🤍

niallhoran: so unbelievably proud of you princess, you just keep continuing to amaze me

louist91: congrats tiny horan, you'll have to teach me how to lift my leg so high

leia began giggling while reading some of the comments she was getting. "look what uncle lou said" 

for the next few minutes leia laughed at all her uncles funny comments, asking her to teach them how to get their leg so high.

but her but favourite comment was her uncle harry's, telling her she must of gotten her must of gotten my talent because niall could never do anything like that. both leia and i found that one hilarious.