were not friends anymore - louis imagine

| name - y/n (your name) |
| your age - sixteen|
| storyline- you and him have a huge fight |
__________________________________

louis pov
i ran into my best friend y/n's house, tears in my eyes. i just found out my girlfriend had been cheating on me. "lou!" her voice was happy until she laid eyes on me again. "what's wrong lou boo?"

"lilly, she cheated on me. at that party last weekend" i said, a tear rolling down my cheek. she quickly wrapping her arms around me and wiped my cheek.

"wait did you say last weekend?" she asked. 

"yeah, why?" i sniffled. 

"oh it's just she told me months ago not to tell you about her accidently making out with some guy at a party" her face went a little red. 

"so she's been cheating on me for ages? and you didn't think to tell me?!" i asked annoyed, unwrapping her arms from around me. 

"i cornered her and told her she needed to tell you or i would, she promised me she would tell you. i just thought she did" her gaze lowered, something she does when she wants to hide her emotions. 

"why didn't you fucking tell me y/n?" i said, my tone was angry but if anything i was hurt. 

"i thought she would lou-"

"-don't call me that, answer my question" i cut her off, making her a little surprised. 

"i just thought she would, she promised and i believed her. i'm sorry" her voice was soft and quiet. i can't believe she didn't tell me. 

"fuck you y/n, i thought we were best friends" i scoffed, before rolling my eyes and walking out. 

"we are!" she called out, running after me. "i'm sorry, i really thought she would tell you and that conversation would be private enough for you to keep between the two of you"

"how would you feel if jack cheated on you and i didn't tell you?" i asked, ignoring her previous statement. i stared coldly through her as she gathered her thoughts. 

"i would be so mad, i get what your saying. i'm really sorry" 

"shove that sorry up your ass" i scoffed once again. "go fuck yourself y/n" she looked taken aback and just moved her eyes from me to the grass. 

"i know your mad and i know you probably will never want to hear from me again but i am sorry louis. i know you hate me right now but-"

"-don't try and play the victim and your right! i hate you and i never want to hear or see you again" i yelled, she jumped a little. 

"go fuck yourself louis" she looked at me one last time, her blue eyes glossy as tears rolled down her flustered cheeks. 

"die in a ditch" i said, watching as she walked back into her house and slammed the door. 

y/n's pov
it had been ten years since i lost my best friend. since then a lot has happened. a week after louis and i's fight mum told me we were moving to LA, for my dads new job. i chuckled to myself at how the dickhead got his wish. he never saw me again and i never saw him again. 

i'm back in london now, and tomorrow's my high school reunion. i'm only going because i know louis won't be there. he hates things like this, i used to tell him how i couldn't wait to go to our ten year reunion and see everyone. while he fake gagged and told me how much he would only go to yell 'fuck yourselves' and walk out. 

it took memories like this to make me really miss him. although, it may of ended horribly and he may of been a dick. but he was my best friend.  i miss him so much. i miss all the times we would laugh together, when we'd watch sad movies and cry together. i just miss him and i would give anything to go back and change how it all ended. 

i was all ready for the reunion, i knew of a few people going so i wasn't too scared but there was that feeling in my stomach. i knew people were going to ask about louis, not that i was dreading it but i just didn't know how to tell them. 

~

"y/n! oh my you look gorgeous" a girl, matilda said hugging me tightly. matilda and i had a few classes together, we weren't close but definitely friends. we stayed in contact a little after i moved to LA. 

"aw thank you, your stunning tils" i chuckled. 

"come over here, we're all talking about the time you and lo-"

"-y/n?" i felt my stomach drop. i didn't want to turn around to see the person who broke my heart all those years ago. matilda gave me a sympathic look before going to a group of people, leaving me. 

i turned around, swallowing the lump in my throat. once his eyes laid on me they widen slightly. he still looks the same, his hairs more grown out and he has a slight stubble across his chin. 

 "i missed you" his voice sounded like it was going to break any moment. 

"i missed you too, louis" i said, lowering my gaze to the floor. it pained me to say his name. 

"i'm sorry, i'm really sorry" louis spoke, i looked up to see his bright blue eyes glossy. 

"i'm sorry too"

"don't be sorry, it was all my fault" he spoke, before looking around the room to see everyone watching our awkward interaction. he lightly grabbed my wrist before taking me outside the hall. "didn't like everyone watching" he chuckled a little. 

"i really should of told you, i guess-"

"your just too pure and a little gullible" he chuckled. "do you forgive me?"

"i forgive you louis" i chuckled, before wrapping my arms around him.

"so uh what's new?" louis said, laughing a little. it was still a bit awkward but not as much.

"not much really, uh i have a son? but that's about it" i said, as we sat down besides each other at a small bench. 

"me too" he smiled.

"i always told you, you'd make a good dad" i smiled, the tension in the air was mostly gone. 

"thank you, he's four next January"

"aw, owen turns two next april"

~

we continued to talk, it was now like nothing had changed. louis told me all about freddie, and i told him about owen. we laughed and showed funny photos or videos, often saying how they reminded us of our younger selves. 

"promise me we can stay in contact, i don't want to loose you again" louis said, hugging me tightly. 

"i promise, you have my new number and i have yours" i smiled. "maybe we can get together and bring owen and freddie"

"both me and freddie would love that"