Chapter 1

Peter and I have been living with the avengers now for about 6 months

Peter and I have been living with the avengers now for about 6 months. It feels awesome to not be a mindless assassin anymore. However, the dreams still haunt me. I got to Bucky a lot after nightmares because he understands what I am going through. Peter is always there for me too.

When I saw that I was back with my twin I cried for hours. We are now closer than ever. Since he has become Spider-man he does a lot of night patrolling in the city. 

Tony had done a lot for my brother and I and i wanted to thank him. I was actually headed to the lab now to talk with him about that.  When I get there I see him working on his suits like always.

"Hey Tony can I talk to you for a second?" I ask him. He picks his head up and sits his tools down and motions for me to come over.

"What's going on kid?"

"Oh gosh I don't know how to say this or do this kind of thing. Um, so I haven't really gotten a chance to really say thank you for what you have done for my brother and I. You could've just left us on our own but you didn't so thank you. I appreciate more than you will ever know.

Suddenly there is a F.R.I.D.A.Y popped on the screen with a mission that I was needed for. I had started taking on some solo missions since my mind healed up quicker than we all expected. There was intel of possible hydra agents in Italy.

"Suit up, take the jet, keep your watch on in case something goes wrong. We will check it in 24 hours." Tony says. "And please be careful." He yells out while I walk out the door.

I head up to my room and get changed and ready. I head up to the landing zone to get in the jet. Once I get in, I sit in the pilot seat and begin for take off. Tony sent the files to me so I could keep looking at them while flying to my destination.

I landed outside of italy and started making my way in. The intel said there may be a hydra base around but think it is abandoned. Once I find it, I pull out my gun and make my way through. I check every door and there is no one here. Theres no traps, nothing. So I call Tony "hello"

"Hey its me. This base is dead."

"Well I guess that is good right? You going to come back now?" He says.

"Would you care if I just explored around a bit see if I see anything else even though it's dead?"

"Yeah go ahead. Be careful"

So I leave the base thanking the heavens the base was dead. Which means we are closer to ending hydra once and for all. As I am walking through the city I bump into something hard. When I look up I am met with red eyes that I have seen before.

"Well I guess we meet again" the person said.

"Yes I guess we do. Sorry I don't have any victims for you to drain today." I say.

He looks at me while studying me. "You know what I am?"

"Yes, the eyes, plus when I went back to dispose the bodies I saw the bite marks in their necks. So you actually saved me some time on cleaning that mess up since it looked like a plan crime scene."

"I need you to come with me"

"Uhhh yeah I do not know you and that last time someone took me I ended up being a mindless assassin. Soooooo I think I am good." I say.

"If I promise you won't die or get hurt will you come with me?"

"Ugg why the hell not. This was suppose to be a mission anyways so why not get into some danger."

He chuckles at my response and he leads me into a old building.
"I am Demitri by the way."

"Payton"

We got into the elevator and started going down. "You know this is typically where the girls starts to scream helplessly as she been taken into captivity. And here I am basically walking in willingly." We both start laughing and then the elevator stops.

He leads me down a hallway and opens up double doors leading to a throne room.
"Am I walking into hell right now?" I say to him. He chuckles again shaking his head no.

"Demitri why did you bring a human here." A blonde man groans out.

"Aw did someone wake up and feed on the wrong human this morning" I say in a pouty voice.

Demitri bust out laughing and so did the man in the middle throne.

"My my, you are a feisty one huh?

"Oh just the feistiest! Anyways why am I here?"

"Ahh right, masters, this is the human I told you about a few years ago that took out all those guys"

All three men looked over at me shocked that it was a little human that took them down. The man in the middle gets up and walks over to me. "I am Aro, I have a gift that if I hold you hand I can see into your mind of what you've been through."

I don't even care and place my hand in his. "Have fun in a mind full of nightmares. I cant promise it wont haunt you either."

Aro looks through everything I have been through, seeing the kidnapping, the experiments, the torture, the mind control, reuniting with my family and my brother, mom, and dad knowing of this world.

"My dear you have truly been through a lot huh?"

"You may have an idea but you have no idea. Listen, I am not a danger to you all. I just got my life back and want to live it with my family.  I had so much taken away from me. I can't have kids, I wont age after 19, so I am immortal without having to be a vampire. So please, you clearly saw I won't expose your kind but please don't take the one thing I actually have left and that being human but never dying." I rant out. "Hell if you want I can give my number to Demitri and we can keep in touch with each other. Just don't make us turn since my brother and I are already going to live forever." I plead to them.

"Brothers I do not have a problem with letting her know of us but keeping it to herself. She is very powerful and wants to stay in hiding as well. A secret for a secret so I am fine with her staying human. Besides, after today i have felt more human around her than I have in a while." Aro says.

"That is fine. I am Marcus by the way."

"I am Payton, its nice to meet you. So I get to live?" I ask.

"Yes just stay in touch and please visit. We would love to see you again!"

"Well of course, someone has to keep goldie over there on his toes and brighten his day up somehow!" I say giggling causing goldie to groan.

"My name is Caius."

"Not anymore. Its Goldie, or blondie" I say. Demitri is trying to hold in his laugh but soon fails.

"Alright let her go it was nice meeting your Payton. Your secret is safe with us." Aro says.

I nod my head leaving the vampire throne room. "I know y'all are dead but come on, this place needs to livin up some. It just screams "YOUR ABOUT TO DIE MUAH HAH HAH HAHA" I cant even finish my fake evil laugh because we are laughing so hard. I gave Demitri my number and told him he is now my honorary best friend that is a vampire and it can never be broken.

He finished leading me out the doors and I headed back to the jet and head home. Dead mission turned into making dead friends. Who would have thought.