Chapter 65

Time skip 2 months

Time skip 2 months

Today is mine and Peter's birthday. October 9th. I had texted Peter at midnight happy birthday. This was going to be the first time we did not see each other for our birthday's. Tony said we had a mission today and everyone at the tower would be going.

Jasper has also been acting weird the last week. He seems nervous and tense all the time. I try and ask him what is wrong and he said it is just a feeling about the mission he is having. I just shrug it off knowing he will talk when he is ready.

I am also not that excited about today. I stop aging today since I am now 20. I am happy that I do get to live forever with Jasper, but I just hate what has caused me to be able to I guess. Hydra took so much from me. I am trying not to let it spoil today. Key word, trying.

I am laying in bed when I hear the door open and I see my man walking in with a tray full of my favorites. "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear darlin', happy birthday to you." He sings to me. I can't help but smile.

"Awh Jazzy" I say causing him to roll his eyes. I started recently calling him that and he doesn't like it so I keep doing it to annoy him. Because I love him. "That is so sweet. Thank you so much." I tell him.

"Here, I got this for you." He says handing me a long velvet box.

As I open it, I see a necklace inside. The pendant is his name written in silver lettering filled with diamonds.

"Oh Jasper. This is gorgeous." I say with tears in my eyes. He gets behind me and puts it on. "You didn't have to get me anything cowboy." I tell him.

"Hey it is your birthday. Let me spoil you. Plus I have years of money saved up and the income from the team since I joined." He says.

That was true. Jasper talked about how he always saved up all his money over the years because he wanted to spoil his girl one day. When we came to New York and started working on missions, Tony and Steve had him get paid like the rest of us.

Once the necklace was on, he sits with me in bed while I eat and have small talk throughout my breakfast. Once I finish, I get showered and dressed for the mission we have. Apparently is some donations party and we need to look nice. I put my hair in a simple style and head down to the conference room where everyone is meeting.