Chapter 41

Ever since Loki showed up Edward has been different

Ever since Loki showed up Edward has been different. I mean before he hardly ever showed affection but not it is even more distant. So today I am going to talk to him about what he wants. I am on my way over to the Cullen's now. Since I saved Edward in Volturi, I haven't been able to let him go. I want to be with him all the time.

"Hey Edward do you think we could talk?"

"Yeah Bella whats up?"

"When Loki was here with everyone else, he made the comment of being your soulmate? What does that mean for us now?"

"Honestly Bella, I do not even know. I mean I do feel the connection to him, but I also feel something for you. I don't know how to explain it."

"You will still protect me right? From Victoria? And does this mean we are breaking up?" I ask starting to tear up. I don't really care about the relationship necessarily or that he is my soulmate I just want to be immortal.

"Bella listen, I am not breaking up with you okay. You mean a lot to me."

"Yeah but I am not your soulmate"

"It doesn't matter. Okay? What should matter is that I am picking you."

I want everything, the immortality, the beauty, the power, the Cullen's, the pack, and maybe even the Avengers. Edward is mine and I want Jacob to be mine as well. However, Loki and Payton would get in the way of that ever happening. So I need to think of a way to get rid of them. Maybe I could be like Maria and find hydra and tip them off? Then once those two are gone everything will be mine as it should be.

What to do, what to do I think to myself.

It has now been a week since the Cullen's are back

It has now been a week since the Cullen's are back. I haven't talked to Jasper since I woke up in their house. I was just sitting on the couch when I heard a knock on the door.

I get up and open the door to see a delivery man holding a bouquet of flowers. Who are these from? And why am I getting flowers? I take them from the gentleman and thank him.

I walk to the kitchen island and see there is a card attached to them.
"Hi Payton, I know we are not really talking at this moment but I figured this may be a good place to start in showing you that I am sorry and that you mean everything to me. I miss you Payton, so much and I am hoping one day I can earn you back. I know I have graduated a lot already but I would love to have you there if you can make it and Alice is throwing a graduation party if you want to come. I know you may not believe me when I say this but I love you Payton Snow. I love you so much.
-love cowboy.

I finish reading the note and smile a little. I didn't even realize I was crying until I felt a tear slip from my eyes. Loki and Peter come in and see me putting the flowers in a vase. "Who are the flowers from?" Peter asked

"Jasper"

"Ahhh the boy is trying to win you back huh?" Peter asked again.

"Yeah he is. I am making him work for it though."

I look over to see loki reading the note. He looks up at me "do you want to go?"

"Do you think I should?"

"That is up to you. I can go with you if you want me too?"

"Yeah that may be a good idea. Should I text him thanking him for the flowers? Or maybe just leave it alone?"

"You could send a simple texting thanking him for them. I don't see anything wrong with them but you do not have to have a full out conversation with him."

As I am getting ready to text him dad calls me.
"Hey snow, the Cullen's have called a meeting, can you meet us at the treaty line?"

"Yeah dad we will be there soon."

Peter decides to stay home because he has homework he is working on. Loki and I shift to our wolves and take off. Once we get to where the pack is I stand next to dad and shift back. All the Cullen's are there now except Edward. I look over at Loki and he just gives me a tight smile.

"What do you want?" Dad asks.

"Alice had a vision of Victoria coming this weekend to try and get Bella. Edward is taking her to Florida to visit her mother and step-father to keep her away from the fight. Would the pack be willing to chase her with us but on our proper sides of the treaty line?" Carlisle asked.

Dad thought about it for a few minutes and decided that we would help. The meeting was over and the some of the pack were leaving.

"Hey I will catch up in a minute" I told dad and Loki.
They both nodded their heads and took off.

I turned back around to see just Jasper standing there. He was looking at me and I so badly wanted to run in his arms but I fought against it.
"Thank you for the flowers. They were beautiful. It was a sweet gesture and I appreciate it." I tell him giving him a sweet smile.

"You're welcome. I didn't really know what else to do to start showing you I am sorry."

I nod my head. "Yeah I get it. Um I may come to graduation and the party but I might bring Loki. He is kind of hurting right now too because of the soulmate bond and all."

"Yeah, no thats fine."

This is awkward. So awkward.
"Well I should probably get back. It was good to see you..cowboy."

"You too..darlin'."

I gave him one last forced smile and shifted headed to the pack house for the rest of the evening.