Chapter 64

We get back to the pack house and I see everyone else

We get back to the pack house and I see everyone else. Emily comes up and hugs me.

"What are you doing here? Is Payton with her?" She asked.

"Actually it is just me. She doesn't know I am here."

Soon Peter shows up after Embry messaged him to come over.

"Hey Jasper whats up." Peter says.

"Hey so I need everyones help. Peter I know you and Payton have a birthday coming up. This birthday is going to be a little harder for Payton so she will stop aging. She isn't disappointed anymore about that, it's just everything that has caused her to not age. Anyways. I want to plan a birthday party for you two and invited the team here as well. But most importantly, I want to propose to her that night." I say looking at me and see Loki starring at me too.

"You want to marry my sister?" Peter asks.

"Yes more than anything. I actually just spent most of my mid morning digging in the dirt for a lock box I buried before the war with my mothers ring it in to give to Payton." I say.

I then heard a few awe's in the room and see the other imprints looking at me.

"Oh that is literally so sweet." Emily says. "Tell me when you want it and we will help." She says.

"I am thinking since their birthday is on a Friday, doing it that evening? Everyone would be off work. Plus it would be the weekend so we wouldn't have to worry about anything the next day." I tell them

"That is true. Um I have to ask. Do you want the Cullen's here for this?" Sam asks.

"If any are allowed to come to this on La Push I want it to only be Emmett and Rose. I do not want the others here. And speaking of them, we need to have a discussion about Edward. All of us." I say.

They all nod their heads and wait for me to continue. "Carlisle called me to inform me of Edward coming back. I feel something is off. Bella is obsessed with being immortal so why would she willingly leave the source that could give her that? Why now? I do not know exactly what it is or what will happen but I do not trust him. At all." I state.

"We will keep an eye out to see if we hear or notice anything. But he was warned that one step out of place and he would die." Sam says.

"Good. Because if you do not do it, I sure as hell will. I am honestly still really pissed Carlisle allowed him to come back. If it had been any one of others, me included, we would not have been allowed back in. Actually he would have told us no on bringing a human into this world unless it was an actual mate not blood singer." I say.

We ended up spending the rest of the evening hanging out and planning for the birthday party. Everyone ended up leaving around 11pm for bed.

It is now the next morning and Sam has come outside where I am sitting on the porch.

"So, how have things been between the two of you?" He asks.

"Perfect. I ended up almost knocking the shit out of one of the new guys on the team. He had a thing for Payton and kept flirting with her and even asked her out. He thought her and I were just really close friends. But he found real quick Major does not mess around. I will also spare you the details of everything else that went into that situation." I say chuckling.

"Let me guess. Staking your claim?" He said.

"Oh yes. It seems like once we connected intimately like that since I left things have been stronger between us. This is the longest we have been separated since we got back together. Honestly it is driving me insane being away."

"How did you even get away without her know?" Sam asked.

"Tony helped me come up with a fake solo mission for me to go on. So that is how I was able to get the Quin jet as well. I just want everything to be perfect for her. I want her to have my mothers ring, I want the day of her birth, and the day she stops aging forever to be the day she says yes to spending that forever with me. I want to give her everything she deserves." I say letting out a sigh.

"Jasper, you are already giving her the world. And to her, that world is you. Her getting to be yours and you be hers is enough for her. That is all she ever wanted. Love. True unconditional love. Before you left you both looked so happy, but seeing the way you look now after everything you have gone through, you look healthy considering you are dead and extremely happy. You are relaxed, happy, and in love." He says.

"Honestly something that has helped alot is this necklace she made. I cannot begin to tell you how its made a difference. I can go out in the sun and not sparkle, I do not want to rip someones throat and drink them dry. I finally feel in control and I don't feel like a monster anymore. I still feel like one when it comes to how I treated Payton and every day I try and remind her how much I love her and that she is not a monster. Unless you take her to an arcade for a date and she ends up destroying little kids in go cart racing and laser tag. Then that is a different story." I say laughing remembering the memory.

I let out an unneeded sigh. "I am ready to marry her.  I am ready to be her husband and for her to be my wife. I am also ready to start building us our own place which I want permission again to do here in La Push. A while back I found a place in the wood next to a waterfall into a lake that I want to build next to. Tony has the guys on speed dial. We are just waiting for the permission." I say looking at him.

"Jasper you are a part of the tribe now. You can build here. When you go back tell Tony and it can be a birthday gift to her on top of the engagement ring. Speaking of which, can I see it?" He asked.

"Yes of course." I say pulling the ring out and showing him.

"Oh wow Jasper. She is going to love this."

"I hope so." I say nervously.

"Hey, she would say to you without the ring and you know that. There is no reason to stress out." He says.

"Thank you Sam. For everything." I tell me.

That afternoon I was loaded up in the jet headed back to my girl. I missed her so much that I was bouncing in my seat on the way back just thinking about being with her again.