Chapter 49

"Alrighty, so tell me about this confrontations you had while I was getting my beauty sleep

"Alrighty, so tell me about this confrontations you had while I was getting my beauty sleep." I say giggling at him.

"Okay I will start with your father first." He says.

Flashback day 1 of Payton sleeping

It was starting to get to be 10:00 the next morning and Payton was still sleeping. I tried waking her up but she wasn't moving. I began to panic so I called Carlisle and then Sam to come her.

When Sam approached he was not happy and slammed me against the wall. I let out a grunt. "Why are you here? This is breaking the treaty" he says.

"Listen Sam I know you are pissed but like I told Embry and Payton yesterday that I would let him kill me willingly if she did not want me here. She asked him to back on patrol so her and I spent all day and late evening talking about the last 9 months and where we begin to fix our relationship. She ended up falling asleep beside me and hasn't woken up yet. I tried waking her but it wasn't working so that is why I called you and Carlisle. And I really am sorry for breaking the treaty but I just could not be away from her anymore." I tell him.

We both went inside and saw Carlisle already checking over Payton.
"Jasper when did she fall asleep?" He asked me.

"I'd say probably 9:30 maybe. By the time we finished talking and all of that. She wanted to just cuddle and maybe an hour later she was out. Why? What's going on?" I asked.

"I think she sleep deprived. Sam did she ever mention not sleeping much or anything like that?" Carlisle asked.

Sam came over and look at his daughter. "She rarely ever slept. She kept having nightmares or she was out doing under cover missions." He said.

"I'm wondering if her body is just so exhausted from everything that's happened over the last 9 months that she finally feels safe and relaxed for once causing her body to just crash. Honestly I would let her keep sleeping. She needs it bad. I can run some IV's to keep her hydrated and also give her a sleep sedative to keep her sleeping. Her body needs recovered and her sleeping may just do it." Carlisle says.

I can't help but feel terrible because it is my fault she is like this. I keep looking at her and slowly move over to her and lightly brush my finger across her cheek. "I'm so sorry I did this to you Snow. I'm so sorry." I say as my voice isn't very strong.

I lean down and kiss her forehead for a few seconds before placing my forehead against hers and sending as much love as I can through our bond to help with the pain. If it even helps take it away. It may not after everything I have done.

I see Carlisle has left but Sam is still standing in the living room looking at me. I stand up and look at him. As I get ready to speak, he cuts me off.
"Do you plan on making things right with her and fixing this relationship?" He asks.

"Yes I do. A month after leaving I was miserable but I really thought I did what was best because I did not want to hurt her. But it turns out I hurt her more by leaving then just fighting to stay with her. Plus those things I said to her, I have completely knocked her down in confidence and she does not even know if I truly love her or not." I say.

After a few minutes of silence Sam picks up again. "Do you?" He asks.

"Do I love her?" I ask back and he nodded his head.

"She is my everything. I literally was just about to let Embry willingly kill me because I would rather not live in this world if Payton wasn't by my side. She was the first person to never judge me once for what I did when I became a vampire. She helped me with my blood lust, she listened to me, and so much more. Yet I just threw it all back in her face because I let my so called brother manipulate me into thinking I could really hurt her. Then once we left, Edward did not even stay with us because he was being fucking dramatic over his blood bag. Who is not even his mate. So I destroyed the love of my life all because of him and my own inner fear." I tell him.

I go and sit down and place my head in my hands. Sam comes over and sits down as well.

"Listen, during the whole time you were gone she was a wreck and she tried hiding it as much as she could. But I saw right through it. I sort of understand what it is like to hurt your loved one. When I phased on Emily and I cut her with my claws, I was terrified of myself. So of course being a typical male, I was dumb and distanced myself from her thinking I was a monster. Like who would do that to their mate? But in the end, it hurt both of us more by being apart than just being together. Everyday I wake up and I see those scars and I am reminded of what I did to my imprint, so I make sure to show her everyday that I love her. I always kiss her scars and just give her extra affection, so she knows how much she means to me and that I am lucky to have her. Jasper, love is not easy. Especially for us supernatural begins. The mates/imprint bond is intense than just a basic love relationship. It takes more work, it hurts more if broken, the feelings are magnified and for you being an empath it is probably even more intense. Anyways, I won't lie to you, I am still pissed that you broke my little girl's heart, but she is madly in love with you Jasper. Even after trying to move on, she beat herself up over it because she felt like she was betraying you. I have never seen a love between two people like I have with the both of you. So man to man, get your head out of your ass and stop listening to other people who do not want what is best for you and your relationship. Show Payton she is worth fighting for. Show her that she means everything to you. Don't just say it, but also put action behind it. I can promise you if you do this, your love will be even stronger than before." Sam says to me.

"Thank you Sam. I really appreciate that and thank you for being a great father to her. I can feel the love between the two of you. So thank you for stepping up and telling me to get my shit together." I say with a chuckle.

"Anytime. Now, take care of her while she is still asleep. If anything changes let me know."

"I will." I tell him.

He soon leaves and I sit here and think of ways to start showing her I want her more than anything.