Chapter 43

Today is Jaspers graduation and I don't know if I can make it

Today is Jaspers graduation and I don't know if I can make it. I woke up in severe pain, and I can't move a lot. I only have 4 days till it's all over.

I texted Jasper and told him I wouldn't make it to graduation but I'd try and be there for the party. As I was laying in bed Loki came in. He looked horrible too. He came and laid down with me staring at the ceiling.

"You're actually dying aren't you?" Loki asked.

I was quiet for a second then responded.
"Yes, when I was doing research for you on bonds, it said mates can only go 9 months before the bond breaks and they die. But since he's a vampire he can't die like I can. I know I'm never aging but since I still function like a human I can still die. But it's okay. I've come to terms with it and I don't know what to tell dad, Peter or everyone else. They will want me to fight but I don't think I want to anymore. I love Jasper more than anything that it hurts. But I wasn't enough so maybe the bond breaking will allow him to find someone worthy to be with him. Plus when I talked the Volturi they said since I am still human I can die from the bond when it breaks."

"I don't think Edward will ever want me." Loki whispers out.

"All you have to do is reject him and the bond will break. It won't bother you but it will hurt him when it does break."

He just nods his head.

"Then why don't you break yours with Jasper to live?" He asked.

"Because I love him too much to break the bond and hurt him even though he hurt me."

We both curl up into one another and fall asleep. After a couple hours we wake up and get some food and shower and get ready for the party.

I put in a cute black dress with some heels and put my hair in a cute messy bun. I decided I didn't want to wear a lot of make up. After I was ready, I met Loki at the door and we got in my cheap and took off to the Cullen's.

I was able to use just enough magic to block Jasper, Alice, and Edward's gifts on me. When we got there Edward had his arm around Bella talking with the family.

Loki and I came in together and just looked at our mates and nodded our heads to acknowledge them. We talked around for a while until I noticed Alice was in a daze. Jacob was there and motioned for us to follow.

We went into Carlisle's study and began talking. I wasn't listening too much but just enough to know the new born army comes in 4 days. Great the day I'm suppose to die. The freaking odds. They ask about the pack and of course Jacob openly volunteers the pack without talking to dad first.

"Hold on. Jacob you are not alpha so you do not speak for the pack. Dad does. We will go home and discuss it with him and he will call with than answer. Jacob you need to know your fucking place. You didn't want the alpha title so it's dads call not yours. Get your head out of your fucking ass and Bella's to realize it's not just her we need to worry about. And you better watch what you want to say to me right now. I am not in the mood and I am not afraid to put you down and same goes for your bitch." I say laced with venom.
"Dad will be in touch Carlisle." I tell him directly and walk out.

Loki stays as I walk out to the jeep. Suddenly I hear a scream of pain. Loki must have broke the bond. He comes out looking happier and not as much in pain anymore.

We drive to dads and discuss everything. And dad agreed to fight because of all the people of La Push and Forks. While we were having our meeting, Leah ended up imprinting on Loki. He got a second chance. They both hit it off pretty well too. Leah was finally over dad being with Emily, and Loki was able to find someone to love. I'm happy for him. Now he doesn't have to worry about me anymore.

Over the next three days we trained with the Cullens on how to fight a new born. We spent hours training getting prepared. Loki and I battled each other first to show what we were now capable of. I ended up fighting some of the Cullen's and won. I did not fight Jasper though. The closer to the battle the weaker I got but I hid it the best I could. I did not train much with them but I was able to observe enough to know what to do.

When it came to the day of the battle before we left I stopped dad, mom, and Peter. "Before we go, I want you all to know that I love you more than anything in this world. You and mom have been so wonderful to me and people you are the best twin I have ever had. So in case anything happens I just want you to know I love each of you so so much." I whisper out letting my tears fall. It could be hours now till I drop.

Mom and dad hug Peter and I telling us they love us. We get to the field and everything is tense. I hide behind the rocks with the wolves in my form.

It wasn't long until the new borns came flying at us. The pack and Cullen's were ripping them apart left and right. As I am tearing them apart I look over and see a new born trying to sneak up on Jasper as he is killing another. The new born got his arms around his neck so I hurried up and shot ice at the vampire knocking him down then proceeding to rip it apart. Jasper is standing there looking at me in aw. "Thank you." He says. I just nod my head and go back to the battle.

There were only a few more left till it was over. Once the last one was ripped apart I shifted back and took in a gasp of air. Everyone looked at me.
Dad hurried and shifted.

"Payton what's wrong. Sweetheart talk to me."

"It's the bond daddy. It's breaking and killing me. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you. I'm so sorry. I love you so much daddy. Please tell momma I am sorry and that I love her." I cried out.

"Payton." Jasper says coming close to me and I start to collapse. He vamp speeds over to catch me.

"You can't die. No please don't leave me Payton."

"It's okay Jasper." I say stroking his cheek. "I'm not going to be in anymore pain and you won't have to be soulmates with a monster anymore. But I want you to know, that I love you so much Jasper. You were my everything and I'm lucky for the time I got with you but my time is up now. Move on, find a good girl that will love you and treat you right. But I am sorry my love was not enough to make you stay." I say to him place my hand on his cheek.

He lets out a dry sob leaning into my hand. He starts shaking his head places his against mine holding me in his arm.
"No please. Please don't go. I need you Payton. Please. Don't leave me here without you. Payton please" he cries.

I let my tears fall and gain just enough strength for one last breath.
"I love you my cowboy.."