Chapter 32

Trigger Warning: mention of suicide, and attempts to suicide. If this is a topic sensitive to you then skip it.
———————————————

After that early morning of Loki calming me down we've been close

After that early morning of Loki calming me down we've been close. He is literally my bestfriend. He's helped so much with my powers. The only thing is my thoughts are getting darker. It's getting more tempting to just end it than suffering through the pain in my chest.

It's been three weeks since I've been here now. I'm sitting in my bathroom staring down at a razor.

I go to try and find Payton

I go to try and find Payton. She hasn't come down today and I'm worried. She's started getting more depressed lately. I've tried everything to make her happy and smile. "Have any of you seen Payton?" I ask. I receive a bunch of no's.

I go to her room she's not there, I look and see her bathroom light on and I freeze in my place. There's blood everywhere. She's laying on the floor and her wrists are cut. Oh no.

"TONY!" I scream picking her up running her down to them. The team sees Payton's limp body in my arms. They all jump up and get into action to help save her.

"Meet me down at the med lab." Bruce says running to the elevator. I teleport her down to the lab and wait for them.

Once they get there they take her and start to help her in any way they can. It breaks my heart seeing her like this. And now I have to make an even more heart breaking call.

"Hello?" A voice says.

"Hi is this Sam Uley?" I ask

"Uh yes it is. Can I ask who's calling?"

"Hi I'm Loki, I'm part of the avengers team. Payton is actually one of my best friends and that's why I'm calling. Umm I know you are aware of her hurting and being depressed but this morning I went to find her, and found her on the bathroom floor surrounded by blood from trying to commit suicide. The doctors are now trying to save her."

"I'm on my way." He says and hangs up.

"BOYS" I yell outside for them

"BOYS" I yell outside for them. They call come running in and so does Emily.

"What's going on?" Emily asked.

"I'm going to New York. I need you all to run patrol till I get back. No questions asked." I say.

"I'm coming with you. Do not argue with me." Emily stated she knew it had to do with Payton if I was going to New York. I nod my head and we get everything packed and loaded to go.

We soon make it to the airport and head to New York. After a long flight we finally land and we grab a taxi. "Avengers Compound. Step on it."

We finally get there and wait outside to be let in. Soon I see Steve walking over and open the door.

"Where's my daughter." I say.

"Follow me this way." Steve says.

I grab Emily's hand and walk into a medical lab and see Payton laying there asleep. Both of her wrists are wrapped. She looks so pale compared to her usual skin tone.
"Is she..is she gonna make it?" I ask with my voice breaking.

"Yes she will. She has lost a lot of blood but we were able to fix everything in time. She's just needing rest right now. We are also monitoring her vitals and making sure everything else is okay. We have also talked about increasing her medication for depression but we wanted to talk to you about that first. We know it is the pain from the bond hurting her so we did not know if the medication will help it or not." Bruce says.

"No the medication will not help. The Soulmate bond was completed and since the two are apart it is taking a tole on her. And sadly that happens when soulmates are apart. Nothing can help fix the pain other than themselves getting back together." I tell him. He just nods his head in understanding.

Soon a guy in green with black hair walks in "hi you must be Sam, I'm Loki we spoke on the phone." He says sticking a hand out to shake.

"Yes hi, thank you for calling us."

"Are you close with Payton?" Emily asks.

"Yes. Since about a week after she got here. Her powers are very similar to mine. So we've been spending a lot of time together working on controlling her powers. I know you both know about me being mind controled from the New York attack. She told me that she talked to you two about that. She started to feel a little bit normal knowing she wasn't the only monster. But we've both been helping each other accept ourselves. For about 4 days now I've noticed she's been in a deeper head space, not eating much, barely sleeping, and not talking much. She wasn't up at her usual time today so that's when I went to look for her and found her in the bathroom. I'm so sorry I couldn't save her sooner." He says with tears pooling in his eyes.

"Hey its okay. You did everything you could. And maybe if you would've found her even later it would've been too late. So you did save her. And thank you for thinking  to call us." Emily says.

"Yes I agree thank you for thinking of us." I say.

"Yes of course. She thinks highly of you guys. You may not be her blood but to her you are her parents and she loves you all so much. Too much to not want to bounden you with her pain. She knows you all are stressed with finding the red head." Loki tells us.

Emily hugs me tighter looking over at our daughter again. "I'll give you all some time alone with her. If you need anything just yell for us." Loki said walking out the door.

I walk over to the side of Payton's bed and place my hand on her face stroking her cheek softly. "Sweetheart I'm so sorry I can't take your pain away." I whisper to her kissing the side of her head. "If I ever see that boy again I will kick his ass."

Emily starts crying holding Payton's hand. Soon Emily slowly slides in beside Payton pulling her into her chest and begins crying more holding her. I pull the chair up beside the bed and just wait for her to wake up.

Is she going to be okay? Why does it have to be her in pain? Will she try and die again?

A million questions are running through my head right now and all  I want is for her to wake up and be okay. After a few hours I feel the bed start to move. Emily is asleep and I look up to see Payton is awake looking around her eyes land on Emily then she moves and looks over at me.

"Dad..."