Chapter 67

It is now the morning after mine and Jasper's engagement

It is now the morning after mine and Jasper's engagement. Engaged. I look down to my left hand and see the beautiful ring that was once his mothers. It still warms my heart that he went all the way to Texas to give me this ring. I see he is not in bed, so I roll out and head to the shower.

First time using this shower. I was excited. While I was getting the water to my wanted temperature, I feel a set of arms wrap around me.

"Good morning my beautiful fiancé." He says kissing my cheek.

"Mmm good morning my handsome fiancé." 

I turn around and see he is still naked and joins me in the shower. We spent most of our morning with me pressed against the wall and him buried deep inside of me again. It was a great way to start the day.

After cleaning and rinsing each other off, I quickly braid my hair and throw on some leggings and one of his hoodies. I make my way down stairs and see him waiting for me. We were having breakfast at mom and dad's this morning. Of course we were going to be late.

"Umm we should probably be prepared for some comments from everyone. Especially Paul and Stark." I warn him.

"Darlin' I am already used to Starks comments. It'll be fine." He says kissing the side of my head.

We walk hand in hand to mom and dads place. When we get there everyone is out and talking around to each other. I go up to mom and dad and give them hugs. I've missed them so much that I hold on a little longer.

Surprisingly no one said anything about us showing up late. I head inside while Jasper stays out catching up more with the guys. Mom hands me a plate of food and I sit down and start eating.

"So how much longer do you think you and Jasper will stay in New York?" Mom asked.

"I'm not really sure. Maybe a few more months or so? We've been doing really well on taking this bases down and don't want to stop until they are completely eliminated. Jasper has been a really big asset to the team. Since he's able to stay awake all the time, he usually keeps doing research while everyone is sleep to keep him busy. I think that's another reason why I've been flying through finding the bases." I tell her.

"Do you know what kind of wedding you want? I know you just got engaged but I'm curious?" Mom asks me. I smile at her.

"I would love a winter themed wedding. Maybe the day or so after Christmas?" I say.

"Oh that would be beautiful!"

"Right! I was thinking maybe we could have it at the compound in New York since the snow sticks longer and you all come up?" I tell her.

"That would be perfect sweetie. It's whatever you and Jasper want." She says.

"Do you think dad would walk me down the isle? I mean I know he adopted me but that doesn't mean he would want to." I say shyly.

Mom grabs my hands and I look up at her. She places on hand on my cheek and smiles. "Payton, you may not be blood, but Sam sees you that way and sees you as his daughter. I know he would do it with or without asking him to." She says rubbing her thumb across my cheek. I nod my head in response.

"Do you all want to go to the beach?" Paul came in asking us. I looked over at mom and shrugged my shoulders.

"Yeah sure. Why not?" I say.

"Good because we are throwing Jasper off the cliff. See you there!" Paul says running out of the house.

"WHAT?!" I screaming chasing after them. They were already changed ahead of time and beat me there. I looked over to see the guys throwing Jasper off the cliff. So for pay back I used my magic and threw them all in. Loki appeared next to me.

"Congratulations. I never got to tell you properly last night since you were swept away to your new home." He says hugging me.

"Thank you Loki. For always being there. How are you and Leah?" I asked.

"So good. We are both so happy. She's even helped me heal in feeling like a monster and getting over my issues with Odin." He tells me as we sit on the cliff side.

"That's is amazing! I'm so happy for you two!! There is something I want to ask though." I say to him.

He looks over at me curiously. "Would you like to be my maid of honor Lady?" I asked.

Lady appeared and smiled brightly! "Really?!"

"Of course! You are my best bitch!" I say hugging her.

"I would be honored." She says.

The rest of the afternoon I sat around watching the pack and team act like idiots playing on the beach. I couldn't help but laugh as they all started playing soccer. Each one kept taking cheap shots at one another.

Peter soon came up and sat next to me. "So my sister is getting married" he says.

"Yes she is. Have you and Embry talked about marriage?" I asked.

"Yeah actually we have. I just don't know when to pop the question." He says.

I whisper low enough so the boys don't hear me "you can always do it during my reception doing to garter toss." I suggest.

"You'd be okay with that? It's your special day." Peter says.

"And you are my twin. I'd love more than anything to share that with you. On one condition." I say.

"Yeah? And what's that?" He says.

"Walk me down the isle with dad." I tell him.

He starts to tear up and pulls me into a hug. "Of course I would. I'd love nothing more than to do that"

That early evening we all had a grill out before the team was to leave. I was sitting outside just taking a few minutes to myself. I felt someone come sit next to me. I look over and see dad. I snuggle into his side.

"You're growing up. I don't know how I feel about that." Dad says.

"Even though I was fully grown when you met me, I will always be your little girl dad." I say continue to snuggle with him. "You've helped me through so much. Through the heart ache and everything else. And even though you aren't my blood, I still see you as much father. So, will you walk my down the isle with Peter?" I asked shyly.

"Oh Payton. I would love to walk down with you. It'll be hard giving you away though." He says making me chuckle.

After eating the team was loading up getting ready to leave. I said all my goodbyes and got on the jet strapping in. I think to myself, just a little while longer till we move back.