Chapter 50

Continuing Flashback!The rest of the day, I stayed and watched over Payton

The rest of the day, I stayed and watched over Payton. Emmett had called me to see how everything was going with Payton. I informed him on everything that was happening.

By the evening, Emmett and Rose were annoyed with Edward having Bella over at the house so they left and came over to Payton's house. Sam had agreed that they could come over now since things between her and I were sort of better.
It did not take them long to get to the house.

"How is she?" Rose asked.

"Well, she is still asleep but nothing has really changed since this morning." I tell them.

"How did the talk go?" Emmett asked.

"When I got here, Embry pinned me down and had my neck in his mouth. I did not fight him. I looked at Payton and told her if she did not want me then I was going to let Embry kill me because a life without Payton is a life I do not want to live. She asked Embry to leave and when he did she came over to me and just wrapped herself around me and cried into me. We sat on the ground for a good 20 minutes crying. I kept apologizing to her and showing her affection by kissing her head, cheek, and nose. Eventually she ended up kissing me and I of course kissed her back. Then came inside and just had out our heart to heart. By the time we finished she wanted to cuddle. She laid part way on top of me and she was out pretty quickly. I did not think anything of it and then this morning she did not wake up. So I got worried and called Sam and Carlisle. They checked everything out and apparently she is exhausted that her body just crashed. Sam stayed after Carlisle left and we had a heart to heart out. Which was needed." I tell them.

They both just sit there listening to me talk.
"Well I am glad you two are finally talking and will be working things out. Jasper you deserve this. Edward should have never manipulated you into thinking you could hurt her. You two are meant to be together so do not let her go again." Rose says.

" I do not plan on it." I say.

The rest of the afternoon, the three of us hung out. While Emmett and I played some video games, Rose decided to help Payton out but cleaning up around the house for her. Around 7:00pm they both went out to hunt and to go home.

I was staying with Payton. I did not want to leave her side if I did not have too. Soon Embry and Peter come in from being at the pack house. They see me holding Payton not wanting to let her go.

Both boys came and sat down on the other couch and just looked at her. "Dad says she will be okay?"  Peter asked.

"Yeah. Carlisle seems to think her body was so exhausted it caused her to crash." I say.

It was an awkward silence for a few minutes until Peter spoke again.
"You gonna break her heart again?" He asked. I look over at him and shake my head.

"No. I never want to do that again. I should not have done it to begin with. I just really thought I could hurt her and thought leaving would be best but I was wrong. It was the biggest mistake of my life and I will never forgive myself for what I caused her to go through." I say. 

"She really loves you, you know that?" Embry says.

"Yeah, and I have taken that for granted. I am trying to think of ways to show her that I love her and want her."

"It is the small things that will win her over. Just being there, holding her, giving her affection, maybe some small dates, or getting her favorite take out and watching movies all day. Just being there and telling her you choose her will begin to win her back." Peter says, "she has never been the kind of person who likes that big over the top things. Instead of a full bouquet of flowers, maybe get her a single rose. Stuff like that." Peter tells me.

I made sure to remember all of those things when it comes time to win Payton's heart back over. The boys soon left for the rest of the evening, and I carried Payton up to her room. I made sure she was comfortable and tucked in so she wouldn't get cold. Once I finished making sure she was okay, I went out to hunt. 

I stopped by the house real quick to get some clothes to have with me over at Payton's place. Before I could leave, I saw Edward and Bella. "Hows Payton?" Bella asked,

"None of your damn business blood bag." I say laced with venom.

"Seriously Jasper. Can't you be nice?"  Edward said.

"No. I told you I was done with you. You are not my family anymore. This would not be happening right now if you would have just left Bella alone or killed her. She does not belong here, and instead of you paying for the consequences of your actions, other people are and it pisses me off. You made the entire family leave, and then you went off on your own for a pity party. And still came back to the blood bag." I say.

"Well you came back to Payton."

"PAYTON IS MY FUCKING SOULMATE. BELLA IS NOT EVEN YOUR MATE. GET YOUR FUCKING HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS TO REALIZE THAT YOU ARE LOSING YOUR FAMILY FOR SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT LOVE YOU. ALL SHE WANTS IS TO BE TURNED. Mark my words Edward, she will crush you and then you will have no family left to be there for you because of everything you and her have caused." I say walking out of the house back to Payton.

When I got there, I curled up next to her and put on the tv to keep myself entertained. I closed my eyes and rested some of what I could. I just hope she wakes up soon.