Chapter 13

After Payton and Peter left, Alice, Daren and I sat down taking in the fact that my soulmate are avengers and immortal because of what happened to Payton

After Payton and Peter left, Alice, Daren and I sat down taking in the fact that my soulmate are avengers and immortal because of what happened to Payton. "Does it bother you knowing what Payton has done?" I ask Alice and Daren.

She looks at me shocked "why would it bother me? Jasper in a way we are no different than her. The only difference was we actually had our minds and she didn't. She was taken as a kid and turned into an assassin. How could that bother me? If anything that breaks my heart. No one should have to go through that." She says.

"Her and i are more similar than I thought. I mean, you know what Maria did to me, hydra is no different. I do have to say, I am kind of relieved she does not have to turn since she is already immortal." I tell her.

"Yeah that is a plus but what if you still hurt her or Peter?" Daren asks.

"Honestly I do not think I will. I mean Payton already has super strength from the serums, and Peter has his super strength as well. They also have no blood scent. I noticed during the fight today at first we could smell the blood but then it was suddenly gone. I think she is blocking her blood scent to help us not be uncomfortable." I tell them honestly.

"You two cannot seriously be thinking about having them apart of this life?" Rosalie says suddenly coming to our conversation. "They are human!" She says.

"Rose, they are literally immortal. The spell is done and can't be changed. So what does it matter? If they are already living forever why can't they be with us who also live forever? Payton is my soulmate but Peter is a packaged deal with her. So id be okay having two already immortal people with us." I say.

"Jasper you know how the Volturi feel about humans knowing our world. They will either kill the twins or make them change." Rose says.

"What if we had them meet. Explain their story and how they already are immortal and see what they say?" Emmett suggests.

"That's not a terrible idea actually." I say.

I kept texting Payton throughout the evening until she went to bed. She's had it rough and meeting her counterpart was just like Major.

The next day I waited in the parking lot for Payton to get there. When she got here I walked over to her and she gave me a beautiful smile. "Good morning darlin" I say pulling her into a hug.

"Good morning cowboy" she says.

We headed off to class together joking and laughing around. "What are you doing Friday?" I ask Payton.

"Uh I don't know actually. Problem just hang with Peter or something at the house why?" She asks.

"Esme wants you to come over again and visit with us."

"Yea I guess we can do that. Will the rest of your family be okay with that?" She asks me.

"Everyone but Rose. She thinks you don't belong in this life and should enjoy the human life." I tell her.

"Trust me. There's not much left of my human life to enjoy." She says. I just look at her wondering what that could mean.

Soon class started and instead of paying attention we kept passing notes back and forth. The rest of my school day was boring. Payton and I only have one class together so I don't see much of her which sucks.

After school she was going to La Push to have dinner with the pack. I'm didn't completely like the idea of her being there but she is a protector to them and family. She's known them ever since her and Peter moved here so who am I to tell her who she can or cannot hang out with.

Before she left I jogged over to her jeep. "Hey, text me when you're home so I know you're safe. Have fun with the pack okay?" I tell her.

"Yea of course!" She says and leans up giving me a kiss on the cheek and then on the corner of my lips. My body shivers a little bit feel her lips against me.

I watch her drive away and head back to my family so we can go home.

After school Peter and I go to the pack house to hang out and have dinner with them

I am helping Emily clean up after dinner while the guys are messing around. "So Jasper invited me over to his place Friday after school." Emily looks up at me and smiles.

"How do you feel about that?" She asked.

"I guess excited. I've never dealt with this kind of emotion before. But can I ask you something?" I ask her.

"Of course you can." She says.

"When Sam imprinted on you, how did you feel about being soulmates? Like how did you get to be so inseparable. When I think about that kind of stuff it scares me I guess." I say.

"Well I didn't take it well hints the scars. He was actually dating my cousin before he phased and broke up with her after that. Then I came to visit and he imprinted on me. For months he tried getting me to talk to him and one day I finally did. But it didn't go well. I ended up yelling at him and telling him he was just like his father causing him to phase to close to me hitting me with his claws. After that I knew I couldn't be without him anymore. I physically pain of him not being next to me and the emotional pain I felt as well I just knew I needed him. So we eventually worked things out. And we weren't always this gushy with love. We had to work at it. Both of us. We still have our moments of arguing but at the end of the day I love that him and I are soulmates. We were literally hand picked by fates to be together." She tells me. I take everything in and process it.
"Payton, sweetie, go at whatever pace you feel is comfortable for you. Not everyone is the same. It's okay to take things slow or whatever pace you want. Just do what you feel is comfortable."

"Thanks Emily." I say giving her a hug.

Peter and I ended up leaving around 10. When I got home I text Jasper saying I was home and showered. I was tired after today so I went to sleep, crashing as soon as I hit the bed.