Chapter 63

Tony is standing there waiting for me to ask my favor

"I need you to create a fake mission for me and possibly letting me go out on a Quin jet." I say.

"Can I ask why?" He asks.

"Back before the War, my mother gave me her ring after dad had died. She told me to hold onto it and give it to the girl I would marry some day. Before I left I hid it so I wouldn't lose it. I want to go back to Texas and get the ring for Payton. While I am at it, I want to swing by La Push and have them set up a birthday party for Payton and Peter for their birthdays in 2 months. I plan on having you all there and during the party propose." I say.

He looks at me shocked for a second. "Damn. Okay. Yes I will set it up and inform everyone else in case Payton asks questions about the mission it will be handled. Get the ring, go to La push to make the plans, and then get back here. You know how Payton is. It will be hard to let you go on your own." He says.

"Yeah I know. That is why I need to do it fast." I say.

"When do you want to go?" He asks.

"Is two day too soon to come up with a solo?" I asked.

"No I can get it done." He says.

"Okay thank you!" I say as I walk out the door.

The following day, Tony announced me going on my solo mission. Payton was not happy at first but realized it was going to be okay and I cannot die. She has no idea what is happen. Thankfully no one really asked questions, especially her. The rest of the day we spent it together since I would be leaving tomorrow and would be gone for about 2 days. Tony informed me that Nat knows what I am doing, that way she can take Payton out and do something to keep her from trying to find me while I am gone.

As she was sleeping tonight, she clung to me. Every since we got back together, we have not spent that much time apart. We were stuck to each other like glue. We did have our own personal space from time to time because that is healthy. But being apart like this has not happened in a long time.

It is now 7am and I am getting ready to leave. She is holding onto me tightly.

"Please, please be careful and come back to me." She says.

"My darlin', I will always come back to you. I will be fine. I promise." I assure her while kissing her head, cheek, nose, and finally her lips softly.

"I love you Jasper. More than anything."

"And I love you Payton. You are my everything." I say giving her one last kiss before getting on the jet and heading towards Texas.

After I long flight I finally land at my destination. It feels so weird being back here. I grew up in the middle of nowhere so there was not a lot of other civilians around. However, now there are some house around. As I am walking I reached our old house. There is no much left of it anymore. It is all run down and fallen in. After having a few minutes of reminiscing, I go to where mother and father's graves are at.

When mother gave me that ring, I put it in a lock box and buried it next to dads grave. I arrived and look a few moments of peace for them. I had my shove with me and began to dip. After 10 minutes I hit something. I clear the dirt around it and there it is. The lock box from all those years ago. I open it up and see the ring as well as the letter I had written to my future self. While I was here, I sat down and decided to read it.

Dear future you,
By the time you are reading this hopefully the war is over and reading this also means you have a special someone in your life. She is probably beautiful, sweet, reminds you of mama, but doesn't put up with your shit like mama did. This ring is meant for the girl who stole your heart and is meant to own it for the rest of your life. Mama told us when she gave the ring over to make sure the girl you marry make you smile, laugh and makes you fall in love everyday. She also said to pick the girl who makes life easy. The one who is always there for you, never leaves your side, supports you, cares for you, listens, and loves unconditionally. Treat her like a queen and never let her go. Good luck and congratulations future me.

I couldn't help but chuckle as I read this. I was only 16 maybe just turned 17 when I wrote this. I put everything back in the box. Once it was put away in my bag, I grabbed the shovel and packed the dirt back in. Before I left I decided to say hi to mama.

"Hi mama. I know it has been a while since I have talked to you. I wanted to let you know that I finally found the girl. You would love her. She is so sweet and kind. She is my world. The way she looks at me, reminds me of how you used to look at papa. I have done a lot of bad things in my life and hurting her was one of them. But thankfully I get a chance to make it up to her and I am never letting that girl go again. I wish you could've met her. I know you are watching over us so that is okay too. I miss you so much and I love you so much mama."

After a few more minutes of sitting there at mamas grave, I got up and grabbed everything and headed back to the jet. My next stop was La Push. I put in the coordinates and was on my way. After another long flight I finally landed near Sam and Emily's house.

As I was walking off the jet, I am met by a pack of shifters. Sam goes behind a tree and comes back.

"Jasper. Why are you here? Is everything okay? Is Payton okay?" He asked in a panic.

I chuckled. "Everything is fine. I need your help planning a birthday party for Peter and Payton as well as a proposal turning the party." I say.
He starts to smirk.

"Well it is about damn time..."