Chapter 8

It's been a couple weeks since we started school

It's been a couple weeks since we started school. Peter and I have stayed to ourselves for the most part. We've been so invested in homework and this mission.

I've figured out that Jasper and I are soulmates but we haven't acknowledged it yet. I saw his wrist and he had a snowflake tattoo with my initials under it. They say if your soulmate touches the soulmate tattoo you will begin to feel the bond. So in the hallways one day I saw him and grab his wrist really quick so catch his attention and talk with him for a few minutes and felt to bond connect.

Since then, Jasper and I talk every morning before class starts. We've even started getting there a little early to have extra time to talk.

"So I have to ask, where'd you get that nice souther accent?" I asked

"I'm originally from Texas and then I was adopted by Carlisle and Esme."

"Well that's sweet. I was kind of adopted i guess. Our parents died in a car crash. So we were taken in by a couple." I say.

We kept talking until class ended. When I was leaving class, Jasper was still next to me and walking me to my next class.

"I'll see you later." Jasper says leaning in kissing my cheek. I blush and look into his eyes and see the smile on his face.

"Yeah sounds great." I say

Half way through my next class I had to use the bathroom. As I'm walking to the bathroom I hear someone talking quietly on the phone. "I've been watching them. There's 3. Ones black, a silver one, and a brown ish one. But they are bigger than I expected. I'll be making my move next month."

I keep listening and get my watch to start recording the message. I walk quietly back to the class room and send it to dad. I text Peter

Payton❄️: Hydra.

Spider🕷️: who? and where?

Payton❄️: Mr. Connor.

Spider🕷️: I fucking knew it. What's going on?

Payton❄️: meet me outside the cafeteria at lunch. We will talk.

Spider🕷️: stay safe and keep a look out.

The next two classes seemed to drag on. I was falling back into my assassin ways of thinking about every possibility that could happen. Was someone watching me? Could there be more agents than what intel said? So many things going on in my head.

Once lunch time came around I waited for Peter.
"Hey sorry I'm late. So what's going on." He asked. I looked around to make sure no one was watching and played the recording for him. "So they are going to try and attack in a month?" He asks.

"Yes and if I can get close enough without anyone realizing I'd try to read his mind to get a set date but until then we continue to watch at nights for them." I told him.

"We can keep talking to the team." He says.

"What if we had Bucky come stay with us?? That would give us an extra person to have here watching over the wolves. More than likely steve will come too he can watch morning, you and I can do evenings, then Bucky can do nights?" I suggested.

We finished our conversation and went inside for lunch. I look over and see Jasper looking at me and I smile. I see Alice and Daren looking between me and Jasper and smile.

Halfway through lunch I get a call from Tony.
"Hey Tony." I say answering the phone. I motion for Peter to follow.

"Have you found out anything else?" He asked

"No not yet. We are still investigating. During our free period I'm going to see what I can do." I tell him.

"Okay just be careful."

"We will. I'm going to type up sort of a plan that Peter and I have for you guys to discuss."

"Send it when you can. Be careful."

"We will" we both said.

After school Peter and I went to La Push to see the pack. When we got there it was just sam and Emily. "Hey guys. How was school?" Emily asked.

We both looked at each other. "It was interesting in many ways. But we need to discuss this evening with the others, the agent knows what your wolves look like. And uhh aside from that Jasper kissed me on a cheek today." I say with a blush causing Peter to whip his head around to me.

"You didn't tell me that." He says with a smirk.

"I just did idiot! Plus there is something I didn't tell you yet." I say. All three are looking at me now. "He has a snowflake tattoo with my initials and I touched it a couple days ago and felt the bond connect. So he is my soulmate." I say nervously. I know how sam feels about vampires so I'm worried he will be mad.

"Well I want to be mad but fate set you too together for a reason. Plus it really helps you are already immortal and don't have to change into one of them." Sam says.

"So you aren't mad that my soulmate is your enemy?" I ask.

"No and I will actually talk to the elders and since you are considered a pack member now and he is your soulmate, we will treat it like an imprint and he will not be harmed ever." He says.

"You would do that for me?" I ask.

"Of course we would. You saved an elders life a few years ago, you are technically a shapeshifter just a different kind, and you are literally on a mission to protect us. We consider you pack." Sam says.

"Well thank you. I've actually thought maybe once this is all over maybe Peter and I staying here. We both really like it here." I say.

We continued to talk for a while until the boys came home. Once they got here we sat around and talked about a plan. Suddenly my phone rings and it's Tony.

"Hey kiddo I got your plan."

"Hey. You are on speaker and I'm with the pack right now so what's going to happen?"

"Bucky will be the one coming down. If things start to get more out of control you alert us and we will load up the jet and head that way."

"Okay so now what happens?" I ask.

"Sweetie you won't like my answer, but if things get bad, we may need to use your activation word to handle them using your counter part. We've trained you in this for a reason Payton."

"Oh shit."