Chapter 23

A couple days later Eric and Angela asked peter and I to come to la push with them to hang out

A couple days later Eric and Angela asked peter and I to come to la push with them to hang out. We of course said yes but what we didn't realize was bella was going to be there. I didn't find out till I was hanging out with Jasper and Edward had to nerve to ask me to protect her. I told him no causing him to be a drama queen and throw a hissy fit.

I think Edward forgets I am part of the pack sometimes because his next words were "I do not trust the wolves while she is there."

The temperature in the room dropped significantly and fast. My eyes started to glow blue while I looked at him. "What. Did. You. Just. Say." I spoke getting closer to him.

He looked scared "sorry I keep forgetting they are your family."

"Yeah they are and they won't do anything to a human. So back the fuck off and stop acting like a damn child."

Peter and I left to go to la push. When we got there we started hanging out with everyone. Soon three boys showed up and came over to talk with us. "Hey im Jacob Black, this is Quil and Embry." Jacob said.

"Oh hi, I've met your father. He's a wonderful man." I said. Peter hasn't spoken and I look over to see him staring at Embry. I elbow him and he comes back to reality.

Soon Bella and jacob start to walk off and talk. Thanks to mine and peters super hearing we heard him telling her the about the legends. Oh shit, no this cannot be happening. Jacob doesn't believe them but I could tell Bella was still curious.

Embry speaks up and asks us a question "are you the two twins that hang out with Sam and his cult?"

"Umm please don't call it a cult. But yes we are. Sam has pretty much taken us since we've moved here."

"Oh okay well just be careful okay? Hope to see you both around." He says smiling at peter. Both boys had a light blush across their cheeks.

"Hey we need to get to the pack house now." I tell peter. We both tell everyone bye and rush to the pack house. Peter and I basically run in. All three guys are there which is good so I call jasper putting him on speaker.

"Hello"

"Hey jasper you are on speaker and i am at the pack house. We have a problem. While we were at the beach, Edward's blood bag and baby black were walking and talking on the beach. Long story short someone made a comment about Edward ditching Bella and I think it was Quil said the Cullen's don't come here. Therefore it gave Bella more suspicion and he ended up telling her the legend story of the tribe being descendants from wolves and the enemy clan just coming back." I tell him and the pack.

"Shit, she's getting close to figuring it out then."

"Yes I know. Jasper I am telling you now I will not protect her. She is not a mate."

"Darlin its okay. I don't want you to protect her."

"Okay good. The only ones i will protect are you, rose and Emmett. I love your family i do but i cannot support them letting Edward bring her into this world when it is dangerous for all of us."

"Payton, it is okay. I understand and wouldn't ask you to pick sides."

"Okay, thank you for understanding. I just wanted to let you know she's getting close." We soon hang up and I look at the guys.

"Yeah so that happened today. So did something else." I say looking at peter. They guys look over at him.

"I met my soulmate today at the beach." He said shyly.

"Aw yay. Who is it sweetie?" Emily asked.

"I think he said his name was Embry." Peter said.

"Oh peter he is a sweetheart. He may believe right now this is a cult but he is a nice guy." Emily tells him giving him motherly love and support.

"I am happy for you peter. Im fine with you hanging around them but could you not tell them about us till he shifts?" Sam asks.

"Yeah of course. It will give us more time to get to know each other first you know?" We all nod our heads and settle down for the evening.

Emily wanted a movie night so we were spending the night. Emily and I set up the living room so if we all fell asleep we would have space and comfort to do so. I helped her make several snacks for tonight. Two movies in the sam left for patrol. Sadly someone had to do it so he let the guys have a night off to have a little teenage fun. Peter and I ended up snuggling together and woke up with Paul and jared sleeping next to us.

I got up and helped Emily make breakfast for the boys. Soon Sam was awake and came in to the kitchen he gave Emily a good morning kiss and then pulled me into a tight hug kissing the top of my head. I've felt so loved here I couldn't help but feel so comfortable.

After breakfast I called the team in new York to check in and see how they were doing. Tony said things were still quiet but have noticed a little movement on some areas. We kept talking a little longer. I ended up having to get off the phone because I had to shift into my wolf and go find ash. I have started to let him roam around on his own at nights to get some exercise in.

We have become inseparable since I rescued him. Paul and Jared showed him around La Push and I showed him around Forks. I wanted him to still feel like a wolf but be safe about it. So we agreed that during the day he would stay with me or the guys and at night he could run with whoever is on patrol or run in forks.

Aside from bella being annoying and pushy, things seem to be going well around here.