Chapter 4

Alice has been bugging me all day to go out shopping with her

Alice has been bugging me all day to go out shopping with her. I did not want to go because it is too tempting to sink my teeth into someone. Ever since I left Maria's control, I found the Cullen's and they have been helping with me this vegetative diet. It is hard but I am getting there.

After hours of begging to go shopping with Alice I finally cave and go with her. Right now we are living in New York. It was a cloudy date so I wouldn't have to worry about our skin showing. I was just nervous about being around people. Alice has been good about knowing when I need to get away, hunt, or calm me down. She has been my best friend and supporter since finding out my story.

After I go hunt, I come back and get ready to go. We jump in the car and head out. It wasn't bad so far. Knowing Alice she will want to go everywhere and get everything. She is suddenly pulled into a vision. Once she is out of it she just keeps smiling.

"You going to tell me what you saw?" I asked.

"No I don't think I will. It is nothing bad though." She says as we pull up to another clothing store. I groan wishing I would have stayed home now.

Her and I finish up at that store and start walking to another one. As we are walking, a girl bumps into me dropping her coffees on the ground.
"Oh gosh I am so sorry I did not see where I was walking" she said. Her voice sounded magical, soft but had some roughness behind it. When she stood up I looked into her eyes "mate" I whispered.

She had beautiful blue eyes, and long platinum hair. "My apologies ma'am. Well that came out more southern than I expected. I keep staring into her eyes getting lost in them.

Alice clears her throat. "Damn, sorry I uhh kind of spaced out. Anyways sorry for bumping into you." She said again.

"Its okay, no harm done." Alice said with a smile.

Suddenly a taller boy yells her name "Hey Payton, hey is everything okay?" He asks her. What is she to him I wonder.

"Yeah I was getting our coffee and not paying attention to and ran into.. sorry I didn't even ask what your names were." She says.

"Oh hi, I'm Alice, and this is Jasper. I kept looking at my mate not getting enough of how beautiful she is but she's different. I just noticed now neither have a scent and my blood lust wasn't very strong now. This is weird.

"I am Payton, and this is my twin Peter. Again I am so sorry for everything. We gotta get going for our twin day but I hope you two have a great rest of your day and it was nice meeting you." She says while her and her twin walk away.

I continue to stand there thinking about what just happened. My blood lust is back now. What is happening?
"Alice, was this the vision you saw? And why you wanted me to come out so bad today?" I ask.

"Yes. I am sorry I didn't tell you it would be able your mate. I did not want you to be alone but I didn't realize she was human."

"But she does not have a blood scent. Payton smells like Christmas time. Literally, the cinnamon, fresh evergreens, and that fresh layer of frost/snow fall. Peter smelt like pine trees and earthy. I don't get the blood smell, I heard their heartbeats, but that it. My blood lust was almost gone around her and now its back." I tell her.

"In my visions, I didn't notice anything different about them like this. I know what you are talking about with their scent. I noticed too that it was their actual scent not blood scent. But they are human. They do not need this life right? But she is your mate Jasper. I mean look at your wrist, you have a snowflake with P.S.P on it."

"Honestly Alice I don't know. Maybe we should go home and talk it over with the family. Did you get any visions of how the family responds to them?" I ask.

"Carlisle and Esme were supportive, Rose was against it but then I saw later in the future them being best-friends, and same with Emmett and Peter, and Edward was his usual self." She says.

"Alright, lets go home and talk with the family." I tell her.

After driving home and unloading everything we asked the family to gather in the living room.
"Is everything okay?" Esme asked.

"We met my mate today." I say.

"But the weird thing is, she and her brother are human but do not have a blood scent like at all. Payton smells like Christmas, and Peter smells like pine and earthy," Alice says. 
"But they are still human guys. She does not need to know about this life or be in it. You know how I feel about this." Rosalie says.

"Yeah we get that. That's why we brought it to the family. I've never met someone who does not have a blood scent and is able to control my bloodlust just by standing in front of me." I tell them.

We continued to keep talking for a while. I decided right now may not be the best time to get a human involved so i am not acting on it. If it is meant to be than it will be.

Small time skip
It has been a a month since I met my mate. I have still be staying away from her.
"Guys, its about time we move again. People are noticing our difference to them." Carlisle comes home saying.

"Where to now?" Edward asks.

"Back to Forks Washington. I've already contacted an elder to let them know we are coming back. There is a treaty between us and the La push shifters. We cannot cross their line, bite a human to change or feed on." Carlisle tells us.

We all pack and load up. Forks, here we come.