Chapter 31

I finally land in New York and get a cab to take to the avengers compound

I finally land in New York and get a cab to take to the avengers compound. When I get there I grab my bags and walk in.

Everyone was sitting in the living room and look up to see who just walked in. I probably should have told them I was coming. They all looked shocked at first but then Nat ran over to me and hugged me.

She knows what's going with me and has been helping me some. Not much can help though.

"Hi guys" I say softly.

"Kid you okay? You never just show up here unannounced." Tony says coming over to check me over for injuries.

I look over at nat. "Did you not tell them?"

"No it wasn't my business to tell." She said.

I motion for everyone to sit back down. I look over and see a new person in green with black silky hair. "Hi I'm payton, sorry in advance for what you are about to hear and witness as the first time meeting me." I warn him. He just looks at me curiously and nods his head.

I sit down in front of the team and start explaining to them what happened the night of Bella's birthday party. The events that happened 2 days later, and everything I've done the last 4 months.

I also go into explain the pain in my chest that won't go away because of the soulmate bond. It would've been different if we didn't complete the bond but we did. I gave him everything and he did not care.

"So yeah, that's everything, and that's why I'm here. I needed to get away. My powers are getting out of control. I'll wake up in the middle of the night and my room is frosted over or iced over. I just can't do anything anymore. I'm masking my pain as much as I can but dad saw right through me and confronted me about it yesterday. I try my best to show and act like I'm doing fine but I'm not and I know when I tell you all this you are going to go into super drive protective mode but this pain makes me not want to live anymore. I can't breath, I can't do anything without it hurting." I say with a tear slipping out of my eyes.

Soon Nat comes over and holds me and I sob into her. "I miss him nat." I say into her chest.

"I know sweetie. I know."

That was the first time I really let out my emotions fully since he left.

The rest of the evening Tony ended up ordering pizza and we all laid around watching movies and talking. I ended up texting dad to let him know I made it safely.

I told the team about my calling sam and Emily mom and dad. They were happy that I was able to finally admit it to them. Soon it was just me and Tony sitting in the living room.

"Tony can I ask you something?"

"Yeah kid what's up?"

"You remember the treaty between the Cullen's and the pack that the Cullen's cannot be on their land right?"

"Yes"

"Is there anyway we could maybe sign mine and Peter's piece of land over to Dad that way it's La Push territory so if the Cullen's ever come back they cannot come near the house?"

"Do you really want to do that?" He asked.

"Yeah I do actually."

"Okay yeah if Sam is fine with that then sure."

We ended up splitting our ways and I went to my old room. Everything hit so hard again I ended up closing myself off for a week from the team. I didn't even stay in touch with dad or mom that week.

I ended up waking up in panic and saw my room was frosted over slowly turning to ice. The team was alerted on what was happening and couldn't get through. So Loki teleported in.

"Hey Payton. I need you to focus on your breathing for me okay?" He asked. "Match my pace. Place your hand on my heart. Feel the beat and match it to yours." He told me.

So that's what I did. But it wasn't helping.
"Okay Payton what are 4 things you see." He asks

"You, the framed photo of me, Peter, mom and dad, the clock, and ice"

"3 things you hear"

"Your voice, Tony screaming outside the door, and ice starting to crack."

"2 things you can touch or feel"

"Your greasy ass hair, and feel your heart beat" Say with a small giggle causing him to chuckle as well.

"Okay and 1 thing you can smell"

"Your cologne"

Finally my breathing slowed down and soon the ice and frost disappeared. Loki pulled me close and I just cried into him.
"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to cry on you like that." I said.

"It's okay, I actually kind of understand how you feel minus the soulmate part."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, I am the god of mischief and lies. Growing up I was always under Thor's shadow. I then found out I was adopted leading me to doing terrible things such as the attack on New York but I was mind controlled. No one really cared about that. All they saw was a villain or monster. It caused people to view me that way and still do. No matter how hard I try I still am seen as that monster. But I've learned to just not care anymore. The only opinion that matters to me is my own."

I just sat there listening to him talk. "When I first met Jasper I was terrified he wouldn't accept me. But things turned out great. We were so happy. Or so I thought. I was finally accepting myself and my past but it was like as soon as I did, he turns around and say that I really am a monster and what's even worse was he compared me to the ex that literally manipulated him. All I did was support him, I listened to him, and I didn't even try to change him. I saw him for who he was but even at that, I wasn't good enough. The one person I cared about most not seeing me as a monster, sees me as a monster."

"In time you will move on. The pain may never go away but you will be able to see yourself for who you are eventually. And I will be here to support you. I've seen your powers and they are similar to mine so we can work on your magic and strengthening your powers."

"You would do that for me?" I asked.

"Yes I would. We can be two broken souls together."

"So does that mean we are best fiends now?" I asked with a small giggle. He looked over at me and smiled.

"The bestest of best friends."