Chapter 44

The only sound that was heard was Payton releasing her last breath telling Jasper she loved him before it was silent

Sam is holding Peter tightly as they are both crying over Payton. Peter is sobbing over losing his twin. Jasper lets out a scream from a shattered heart. The pack that are in wolf form bow their heads whimpering while the Cullen's eyes fill up with venom that will never fall.

Rosalie has her head buried into Emmett's chest crying over losing one of her best friend. They had gotten so close and now she lost another things that kept her feeling human.

They were all mourning over the loss of Payton. Edward soon started feeling like this was his fault. If Bella was never brought around she would be alive. He wouldn't have been rejected by his real mate. Jasper wouldn't be in more pain, the pack wouldn't be grieving and neither would his siblings. This was all his fault.

I hold her limp body in my arms close to my chest

I hold her limp body in my arms close to my chest. I move my forehead against hers and close my eyes. I then place my head into her neck taking in her scent one last time.

"Payton, my darlin' I am so sorry I did this to you. You will be and are my forever love." I say and place my lips against hers one last time focusing on memorizing the way they feel even though she may not be kissing me back. "I will never forget you."

I keep ahold of her not ready to let go of the one good thing I had in my life. The one thing that saw passed me being a monster, who loved me for me. The one who never judged my past. And I lost her.

The forest clearing was still silent. Suddenly I start to feel a buzzing sensation I looked down at Payton and soon her magic started to come out of her body surrounding us. I didn't let her go I just watched what was happening. As the magic started to die down and go back into her chest, her eyes shot open flashing blue as she gasped for a breath.

I was in shock but started smiling seeing her breathing again.

"Payton" I ask softly getting her attention "y-y-you're alive?" I asked out.

"Yeah I guess I am. I don't know how though." She said.

"I do." Carlisle stated. "When you confessed your love one final time it broke the bond when you died. When you stopped breathing Jasper confessed his sealing it with one last kiss and that formed another bond that is rare to have or ever seen. It is the true love mate bond. When two mates are separated yet still love each other when the bond dies and they each confess on their final breath of life, it is held true, the kiss forms the new bond. Essentially true loves kiss, makes the true love mate bond, and bringing the mate that has died back to life."

I look down at Payton and she is looking at me. I gently place my hand on her cheek and look deep into her eyes.
"I love you Payton Snow. I will spend the rest of my life making it up to you for everything that I did. I just cant lose you again darlin'."

"Guys I hate to cut this short but the guard is almost here." Alice says. "The wolves need to leave."

When Alice mentioned the guard I got a little excited being able to see them again

"Dad go ahead and go. I will come over once we are done here." I tell him walking up giving him a big hug.

"Oh Payton this is the third time I lost you. I can't do it again sweetie. Please stop dying on me."

"Okay dad I will I promise." I say kissing his cheek.

Soon the wolves left and I was standing beside Jasper but with a little distance between us. It wasn't long until the guard showed up. They looked at me then to Bella then back to me.

"Why is there another human involved?" Jane says. Oooo she wants to play.

"Well someone has to step in and take care of shit instead of sitting on the sidelines." I say in a bitchy tone smirking. The Cullen's all tense by my remark.

"What a shame. But if I recall, sitting on the sideline allowed me to not die unlike you."

"Well at least I am not a walking dead pain in the ass." I say.

"Oh I am sure you are a pain in the ass. Uhg. Always gotta be so damn dramatic don't you?" Jane says.

I can't keep a straight face anymore and laugh. She starts smiling and laughing with me.

"Hows it going witch twins, dem, Felix?" I say walking up to them giving them hugs.

"Oh you know the usual checking to see if the blood bag is still human."

"Ahh I see. Im guessing she has a time line and blondie is kinda grumpy about it?" I ask.

Dem laughs at the name I call Caius. "Yes well you know how he feels. Especially since shes not a mate."

"That is correct. His real mate actually rejected him since he couldn't step away from the blood bag. Still kinda tempted to end her myself you know?" I tell them.

"Um can we also talk about you being a bitch and not telling us you were this close to dying!" Demetri says.

"Aww I am sorry dead bestie" I say with a pout. He shakes his head and smacks the back of mine before pulling me into a hug.

The Cullen's and Bella are all looking at me in shock. Suddenly Peter swings in.
"Hey spidey hows it swinging?" Felix says.

"Well heard ya'll were here and had to see you again."

After a few more minutes of catching up it got serious.

Jane saw that a new born was still alive so she made Felix kill her. Which is whatever. Soon they look at Bella. "Change her or kill her. Those are your only options. Caius wont be happy to hear that she is still alive. And we do not give second chances. And it has been stated by Aro that since it was only you who really wanted her in this life Edward it will be your price to pay if you do not follow the laws. So better get rolling with a decision." Jane states.

"Wait, why doesn't Payton and Peter have to turn?"

"Not that its any of your conern blood bag but we have a truce with them and an understanding. Plus all of the Volturi have a soft spot for snow and spider." Demetri states.

"That is not fair. I should get the same treatment." Bella demands. I groan listening to her bitch more about how she deserves everything.

"See what I have to deal with? Oh I am Bella Swan everything should be given to me" I say in a pitched voice. "Like bitch shut the fuck up before I shut you up." I say.

"Too bad Bella no one cares. Edward you have been warned. Snow, spider, come visit. Everyone misses you."

"I'll see what I can do. Got some things to figure out first." I tell them as they get ready any leave.

"Oh yea reminds me, listen here cowboy. You break her again and we will have some problems." Demetri says.

After the guards left the Cullen's all looked at us. I couldn't help but laugh. "Well this has been nice but I gotta go see the pack and calm my mother down. She is probably worried sick." I say and then Peter and I leave.