Chapter 47

Over the last week I kept getting worse

Over the last week I kept getting worse. I missed Payton more than anything. As this morning came I decided I was done staying away from her.

I'm done with the distance. I don't care if I break the treaty I am seeing her today. I walk down the stairs and see the family all in the living room doing their thing. I don't even say anything to my family I leave the house going to Payton's. I am determined to get my girl back, even it if kills me.

I get nervous the closer I get. Once I get there, I knock on the door as it is opening I see Payton.  "Jasper" she whispers out.

Soon I'm knocked down by Embry in his wolf. He's growling at me and I don't even fight him. I look over and see Payton looking scared for me.

"What are you doing Jasper. You just broke the treaty being here. You could die." She says.

I look her in the eyes while I am still pinned down. "Payton I don't care if I just broke the treaty. I miss you and I fucking love you more than anything. I'm tired of the distance and I know that's my fault but I want my darlin girl back. My life has been miserable since I pushed you away and broke your heart. I just want you back Snow. I do not blame you for not wanting to be with me anymore or distancing yourself either. So, Payton if you don't want me anymore or you do not want this relationship, say the words and I will let Embry kill me right here and right now. Because life or eternity without you is hell. And I do not want to live in a world where you are in but you are not mine. So just say the words, and you won't have to deal with me anymore" I tell her.

She has tears running down her face and looks like she is having an inner battle on what to do. Embry is growling getting closer to my face so I just close my eyes and lay my head back accepting what is about to happen. As I wait for Embry to rip me apart I hear her speak.

"Embry go back to patrol." He then backs up and leaves.

I slowly sit up from where I was just pinned down. As I look down and wipe the dirt off my hands, Payton walks over to me. She gets down and crawls into my lap straddling me and latches her arms around my neck. She places her head in my neck and begins to cry. Sobs are shaking through her body while she cries into me.

"I have missed you so much cowboy." She cries out.

At that, I let a dry sob out holding her tighter. "My darlin' I have missed you more than anything. I am so sorry. Im so so sorry." I whisper over and over again as I kiss her fore head, cheeks, and nose.

I keep whispering I am sorry to her because I can't apologize enough for what I did to do and the pain I caused her. After a few more minutes she sits up and looks me in the eyes.

I use my thumb and wipe tears away on one cheek, while kissing the others away. "Payton I am so sorry baby."  I spoke at a whisper continuing to kiss her cheek. 

Soon we are looking into each others eyes again and she runs her thumb over my lips and I place a gentle kiss on it as it runs across. "Kiss me" she breathes out.

Placing both my hands on her face, I pull her in gentle and place a deep yet soft kiss on her smooth lips. It feels like sparkles are flying between us as I continue to kiss her. I am afraid if I open my eyes it will all be a dream.

But sadly she pulls back. "Lets go inside and talk." She says.

I stand up and follow her inside.
We go to the living room and sit on one of the couches. "Where would you like to start?" I asked her.

"I really don't know. But I guess one thing I want to know is, did you not feel any pain over these 9 months apart?" She asks.

I stay quiet there for a second and looked down at my hands. "I felt a lot of pain. It messed with me in a way to where I didn't feed for a while and just laid on a couch or a bed all the time. I went almost two months without feeding. I just didn't really care. I regretted leaving you, I just regretted how I hurt you and felt like I deserved to just lay there and not feed or anything." I tell her.

"Do you still have any lingering feelings for Maria?" She asked. This question felt like a stab to my heart. I've made her really think I had still feelings for me ex.

"No. Not at all. I never did get a chance to thank you for killing her. I do not want to say I am scared of her, but I feared what I would do if she tried taking me back again." I tell Payton softly.

I hear a sniffle and see her tearing up again.
"Am I really a bigger monster than her?" She whispered barely finishing her sentence. I got up off the couch and went and sat next to her. I took her face in my hands making her look at me.

"No you are not. You aren't even a monster. That was a cheap low shot I took because I thought if hurt you in the moment you wouldn't try to follow us when we left." I say as venom fills my eyes.

"Why didn't you fight for us. For me? Was it something I did? Was I not good enough? Was I doing something wrong to make you not want to fight?"

"Payton look at me. What I did was a dick move. I let my brother lead me into thinking I was too dangerous to be around. Especially since you are still sorta human. So that night I literally thought leaving you was the best thing. Because that meant I couldn't hurt you. But as soon as I said those words to you and watched you walk away from me, I instantly regretted it. For months all I could think about was the look on your face when I said those horrible things. I broke your heart and I'm so sorry. I wanted to so bad come back to you over these 9 months but I thought you were better off without me. I couldn't put you in danger, I couldn't hurt you. But I'm so sorry baby. I'm so sorry." I quietly choke out.

"Do you even really love me? Or is it just because of the bond?" She asked me.

"Payton I have loved you since you ran into me outside that coffee shop in New York. I hated that we had to move away but then when you came here it was like I really got my chance to be with you. Every moment we've had, the laughing, teasing, cuddling, making love to you, everything, was because I loved you so much. It was never fake. And it still isn't. When I saw you die I was crushed because that was my fault. I made you try and kill yourself, and then the bond broke because of me. I don't deserve you Payton. I don't deserve anything from you. I took the greatest thing I ever had in my entire existence and broke her. You never did anything wrong. You always made me smile, feel loved, and feel human again. Everything is my fault not yours. And I know I don't even deserve another chance with you, but if you let me, I will do whatever I have to do to prove that I love you and I will never break your heart again." I tell her looking into her eyes. 

She's looking at me trying to decide what she wants. If she really doesn't want to give me a chance I'll let her walk away so she can be happy.

"Jasper I love you. So much. But I'm scared I'm going to get hurt again. You were the first guy I really let in and let my guard down with and you threw it all in my face. I don't want to anymore time apart but I still can't trust you completely. It will take time to gain that trust back but I'm willing to give this one more chance okay? I was miserable without you and I don't want to go any more time apart without you. So we can give this another shot but please, please don't break my heart again. I can't go through that pain and heart ache again. It was the worst thing I've ever experienced." She tells me.

"Payton I love you and will do whatever I need to make you trust me again. I'm all in. No one is going to tell me what to do when it comes to our relationship except you." I tell her. "I will fight for you, for us. I will be by your side as long as you have me Payton."

She looks at me and nods her head. I pull her into a hug which turned into a very much needed cuddle session. I laid down on the couch and she laid part way on top of me and the rest of her bottom half next to me. I got my girl back and I will fight till the end to keep her.