Chapter 28

Shattered

Shattered. Broken. Monster.

That's all I can thinking and feel right now. I open my heart up to a man I thought loved me but I guess everything I've done finally caught up to him and he wasn't okay with it.

I did not let him see me break. But once I got to my room I shut myself in for hours. It was around 1 in the morning when I left my room. Ash was asleep on the bed and Peter was asleep too. I didn't go to him about the break up. He's so happy with Embry I wouldn't want to bring him down or spoil his happiness with my broken heart.

Once I get outside I shift to my wolf and run to Sam and Emily's. All I can think about is needing my parents. And right now that's them. While I was going over it started pouring the rain down. Flashbacks of what Jasper said to me played through my mind.

When I get to sam and Emily's, sam and the guys are standing on the porch. They turn to look at me and I shift back looking at sam. I stand there for a second and then I let out a sob "daddy he broke my heart." And fall on my knees.

He runs over to me and pulls me into him. "It's okay sweetheart. I'm here."

"He's gone dad. He said I was too much of a monster to be with." I was crying so hard I was shaking.

Paul and Jared were standing behind us angry but also sad for the girl they see as a little sister. Sam takes me inside and to his and Emily's room. Emily was sitting on the bed and she saw Sam carrying me. We were both drenched.

I looked over at Emily and she felt her own heart break for this girl. "Momma it hurts. Please make it stop. Please." I continue to cry out.

Sam takes me to the bathroom and walks out giving me and Emily some privacy. Emily helps me take of my wet clothes and gets a warm bath started. She helps me in. And sits on the floor beside me. "I've thought about this and I just can't be with someone that's a monster with everything you have done. The way you killed people, and took their lives I just can't be with someone like you. Fates must have messed up giving me a soulmate like you because even Maria wasn't even as much of a monster like you.
Those are the words he said to me. Even said I was worse than he ex girlfriend. You know I always knew I was a monster and I was finally accepting myself because I thought he accepted me but I was wrong. So wrong." I say quietly as tears run down my face.

I sit at the table with Jared and Paul

I sit at the table with Jared and Paul. I listen to payton and Emily talking. The words he used to break up with her. She was finally making progress to just be torn down. I am shaking close to phasing and beginning to growl.

"Poor payton." Jared says.

"I can't believe he said that to her." Paul said.

Suddenly we heard Emily respond to her. "Sweetheart, you are not a monster. You did not have control over the things that you did. That is not your fault. That does not make you a monster. That makes hydra the monsters. And the nerve to compare you to his ex is a low blow because we both know she's taken more lives than you. And you know that to be true. If he really thinks those things then he doesn't deserve my daughter. He doesn't deserve your love or time."

I sat there while Emily talked to her daughter. Our daughter. She called me dad tonight. My wolf heart purred happily knowing Payton sees me as her dad but it also hurt as a dad to see his little girl heart broken and not be able to do anything about it.

"Someone might want to give Peter a call or go get him and let him know she's here." I tell the guys.

Jared steps out to go get Peter. I heard Emily bring payton back to where I was. Emily looks at me and mouths "she wants you". I nod my head and pick Payton up and carry her to the couch. I wrap her in a blanket and hold her against my chest.

"Payton, my sweet girl, my daughter, you are not a monster. The guys love you for who you are. Emily loves you for who you are, and I most importantly love you just the way you are." I whisper to her.

She starts to sniffle again. I start to rub my hand up and down her back trying to calm her down.

Soon Peter busts through the door and instantly looks at Payton. He doesn't say a word and picks her up. He apologizes to Emily for what he's about to do and makes a spider web hammock in the living room. He pulls payton inside of it with him and sways her back and forth.

After I got payton comfortable against me I finally asked

After I got payton comfortable against me I finally asked. "What happened."

"He broke my heart and said I was a monster"

"Oh snow."

"I love him so much Peter. And I know I shouldn't after that but I do. And I already miss him. We are soulmates but I wasn't a good enough mate I guess. But I tried so hard Peter. So hard to make him happy, smile, laugh, comfortable with his thirst. I did so much to accept myself and worked so hard on being a better person just to still be called a monster and be compared to his ex."

"Any guy that compares you to an ex is a dick. That means he also doesn't deserve you snow. But what I want to know is, why didn't you come to me sooner snow?"

"You've been so busy with school work, and so happy with Embry I didn't want to ruin your happiness with my broken heart. You've worked so hard for everything and even waited for someone to come along for you to love. I just didn't want to ruin that Peter."

"Snow, you are my twin. I don't care what's going on. I want to know okay? I love you so much."

"I love you spider."

Soon sam came over and draped a blanket over the two of us. "Thank you dad. For everything." Payton said looking at sam.

"Yeah dad thank you for helping her when I wasn't here." I told him.

"You both are my kids blood or not. I will always be here for the both of you." He says kissing the tops of our heads. Emily comes over and does the same before they headed to bed.

Payton is going to struggle and I need to make sure I'm there for her.