Chapter 14

It is now Friday

It is now Friday. Peter and I decided to drive together today since we are going to the Cullen's together. Jasper had texted me saying Esme was making dinner for Peter and I tonight which we both thought was nice.

Jasper decided to ride with peter and I after school. I didn't remember how to get there so I actually let him drive. When we got to the house, we went inside and saw Esme. She came up to Peter and I giving us a hug.

"It's good to see you both again." Esme says.

"Thank you Mrs. Cullen." I say.

"Oh honey please call me Esme."

Peter, Emmett, Daren, and Jasper ended up playing xbox for a while. Alice and I talked about fashion a little bit. Thanks to Pepper and Natasha, I was always up to date on latest fashion trends. Rosalie did not acknowledge us much. I honestly didn't care. If she wanted to be a bitch and no even get the chance to know us then neither will I.

I went into the kitchen to help Esme with dinner. "So dear, I know you've told us some about your past but what about your childhood before your parents passed?" She asked.

"I actually do not remember much. When hydra wiped my mind I literally couldn't remember my own name. After the team took me for rehabilitation, I started getting my memories back but I still don't remember a lot about them." I say sadly.

"Maybe one day they could come back." She says.

"Yeah that would actually be nice. I just wish some of the other memories would go away." I say

Suddenly Rosalie comes in "oh you mean the ones where you were a monster." She says. I am in disbelief at this moment.

"Wow." I say. "You do not know shit about what I went through while I was there." I tell her. I noticed everyone started coming into the kitchen looking at us.

"I don't need to know. All I know is that you were and are a ruthless killer and you believe you should be in this supernatural life. You do not belong here. You belong with humans that can do human things and have an actual life." She says raising her voice.

"Rosalie" peter warns.

"No peter it is fine. Just let them keep thinking I am a monster." I say

"I don't need to think. I know you are." Rosalie says.

"Alright you know thats enough. I haven't done shit to you for you to accuse me of being a monster. I didn't fucking ask to be made into an assassin. I was fucking 8 years old when they took me. I didn't ask for them to wipe my memories and control me to do their dirty work. I didn't ask to be made immortal. I did not ask to be sexually assaulted for their fucking pleasure. I also did not ask for a involuntary hysterectomy to take away the one thing I wanted in life. I know I am a fucking monster. I DO NOT NEED YOU TO FUCKING REMIND ME EVERY DANM TIME YOU SEE ME. SO FUCK OFF BEFORE I END YOU." I yell walking out the door and phase running to the meadow.

" I yell walking out the door and phase running to the meadow

"Are you serious Rose?" I ask.

"You fucking bitch. Are you satisfied now? She's been trying so hard and working through all the shit thats happened to her. Especially the fact that she literally cannot have kids. It was taken from her when she was knocked out after a mission. So how fucking dare you stand here and judge her when you do not know her." Peter says raising his voice now in a deadly tone.

We all stand there and rose is shocked.
"Im sorry I didn't know." She says.

"Yeah and how could you? All you do is talk about how you hate humans, and how they shouldn't be part of this life. And you are too busy making her feel bad about herself instead of actually getting to know her. So from now on stay the fuck away from my mate, or you'll have to deal with Major." I say "I'll go and try to find her." I say leaving the house.

I ran around the woods trying to find her until I eventually caught her sweet Christmas scent. It led me to the meadow we had our first date. I heard her sniffling.

"Payton?" I say softly. She turns her head slightly but once she sees me she turns back around. I go and sit next to her and don't say anything.

"When I was turned it was from a woman named Maria. I was bringing woman and children to a safe place and on my way back I ran into them. I thought they had fell behind but they were actually vampires. I went to help but she ended up turning me. When I turned I found out my power or gift was being able to control or manipulate others emotions. So she used when creating her army. I would feel everything they were feeling, especially when it was time for me to end them. It was terrible. At that time I did not fully know about soulmates so I thought she really loved me. She only made me think she did so she wouldn't lose me. I also have a counterpart like you. Since I was a major in the army, thats what my counterpart became was Major. Ruthless, monstrous. I finally was able to leave and that's when I met Alice. She told me if I came with her I would be happy, and find my mate someday. So thats what I did. The Cullen's helped me with my diet and I learned to accept what I did, but sometimes its still hard not to think myself as a monster. I say all of this because I understand in a way of how you feel. I was manipulated into doing something and turned into a monster.
Payton, I do not think you are a monster. You were controlled, and now you do it to protect your family and others from going through what you did. This does not change us. If anything it helps me know more about you and how to help reassure you. And I also want to say I am sorry for what those men did to you without your permission and taking your chance of kids away from you." I tell her. I ended up putting my arm around her pulling her close to me. She laid her head on my shoulder and I kept comforting her.

After a while I texted peter telling him I was going to take Payton home. He said that was fine because he already was home. I picked Payton up and she told me where to go. When I got there, peter opened the door and let me carry her up to her room. I laid her down, told her goodnight, and kissed her on the forehead and cheek before leaving.