Chapter 12

I look at Peter knowing there is no way out of this situation

I look at Peter knowing there is no way out of this situation. Bucky had went back with the team so it was just Peter and I. "Well our place or yours?" I ask the Cullen's.

"Let's go back to ours." Carlisle says.

I jump on my motor cycle that Bucky drove and headed to their house. Once we get there Peter and I follow them inside. We go into the living room and I notice Jasper just staring at me.

Everything is quiet until Rosalie speaks up again, "I can't believe you killed those people I mean come on, you cant just go killing someone."

I let out a dry chuckle and and look her in the eyes "you really want to talk about me killing people considering what you are? You have no room to talk. At least I did it to save people where you've done it to fucking stay alive." I yell at her.

"You know what we are?" Carlisle asks.

"Yes I do. I have known since Peter and I moved here." I say.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Emmett asks.

"Really you want me to just walk up and be like oh I know your secret, And go on about my day? Like no thats not going to happen. I was going to let you all tell us when you were ready and us tell you about us when we were ready but that was kind of ruined today huh." I tell them dryly.

"Do you mind telling us now?" Esme asks. I look over at Peter and he nods his head. He knows Jasper is my soulmate so we might as well come clean.

"We are avengers and have been on an under cover mission since we got here. What you saw in the forest was the ending of a mission. An organization called hydra was coming here to take the wolves and make them into their puppet like I was." I tell them flatly.

"What do you mean was?" Jasper asked. I let out a huff and pinch the bridge of my nose.

"I am the Winter Witch Assassin." They all let out a gasp.

"You mean to tell us it was you over the last 5 to 6 years of assassinations?" Edward asked me.

"I wasn't always on solo missions. But back then I was a mindless assassin. I literally had no control over my body." I then sit down and explain everything to them without a lot of details though. The kidnapping, the pain, the killings, having a mission here, what they took from me, my abilities and powers. I even told them about peter and I being immortal.

After talking to everyone it was all overwhelming and I needed to go outside for a few minutes. Peter soon came out and pulled me into his side. "I thought I was done with Hydra. We are so close yet I feel like we are so far from ending them." I say to him softly.

"I know Payton, but we are doing everything we can right now. And im proud of you. Winter was better today than I expected." He tells me making me laugh.

"Yeah lets ignore the fact I pointed a gun at my soulmates adopted father even though it wouldn't do shit to him." I say. Peter lets out another laugh helping me calm down and relax a little bit more.

"It will all be okay. It always is. The team is working hard to get them taken down and then you can be free at last." He says kissing the top of my head.

After a few more minutes the door slides open and I see Jasper coming out. "Hey Peter mind if I talk with her?" Jasper says.

"Yeah go ahead." He says walking back inside.

"So how much does this change between us knowing your soulmate is a highly skilled and trained assassin?" I ask.

"It changes nothing. If anything we are more similar thank you think." He says.

"Jasper there's a lot of things that are dark about my past. I'm broken. And there's only things Peter and Bucky knows about me." I tell him.

"Payton you aren't broken. And if you think you are, let me help put you back together." He says placing his hands on my face making me look up into his eyes.

Tears start to form in my eyes and I lean my head over into his hand even more and close my eyes. I feel a tear fall and as Jasper whips it away, I feel a wave of calmness come over me.

Jasper pulls me into his chest and holds me close. "I'm here for you. I don't care that you were and are an assassin. All I care about is you now being safe. And being here with me. When you are ready to tell me your story you can, but I won't rush you okay?" He says to me. I look up at him again and nod my head. He places his forehead against mine, soon placing a kiss again my forehead while holding me into his chest still.

After a little bit longer of just the two of us, we go back inside and see everyone sitting around in the living room.

Peter looks up at me. "You okay?" He asked. And I just nod my head.

We stayed a little bit longer until Peter and I started to get tired. We also had to type up our report and send it in to Fury. By the time we got home we were starving so I put in a pizza and started on my report waiting for the pizza to finish up.

As I finished up my writing, the timer went off. I took the pizza out, cut it and let it cook off. So I jumped in the shower real quick and cleaned up after todays mess. I go back to the kitchen and grab a couple slices and go watch some tv. I texted Jasper a little bit but soon told him goodnight and headed to bed.