Chapter 17

It's been about a month now since Jasper and I kissed

It's been about a month now since Jasper and I kissed. He ended up asking me to be his girlfriend. We've been doing well. I took Sam and Emily's advice and opened my heart to Jasper. I am so glad that I did.

I still haven't been around any other Cullen since the argument. Peter has been trying to talk me into talking to the others but I just can't yet.

Today at school was a slow day. As school ended I was stopped my Rosalie. "Hey uh I was wondering if I could have a chance to talk to you some time?" She asked me.

"Umm yea sure. You can come over to the house tonight. Peter and I are having dinner with the pack then we will be home. So does 8 work for you?" I ask her.

"Yes that's fine. Thank you Payton."

"Yea no problem." I say giving a small smile heading towards my jeep.

Dinner with the pack was the usual. Except me and Emily started yelling at Paul for leading on and sleeping with another girl. We kept telling him his soulmate won't like that he's slept around a lot but he doesn't listen. I told the guys about Rosalie coming over so we can talk about what happened. They weren't happy at first but understood I needed to talk about it.

Soon Peter and I got home. After 10 minutes of being home I hear a knock on the door. I go to open in and see that it is Rose. "Hey come in." I say.

She walks in and I lead her to the living room. We sit there for a few minutes in awkward silence. Eventually she speaks first.

"Payton I owe you a huge apology. I was such a bitch to you for no reason. This is not the life I wanted. I wanted to be human, to grow old, have kids, and because of a selfish drunk man I thought loved me took advantage and left me in the streets for dead. Him and his drunk friends took everything from me. Carlisle found me and changed. Instead of following him I went and got my revenge one by one saving him for last. I was turned into a monster and I did not and do not want another human to feel like this. I took my opinions and attitude out on you before I even gave you chance. I mean it is clear you are Jaspers's mate. If you were a blood singer things would be different." She says.

"Trust me I do understand where you are coming from. But I want you to know I do not want to change into a vampire since I am already immortal. Sometimes I wish I was because it would make it a little easier to accept I cannot have kids, the things I've done, but I won't turn. I will stay in my human form and just live forever. I also agree with you that humans do not need to know about the supernatural life or magical world. As you saw already, people will do whatever they can to get me for my powers and abilities. So in a way I am trying to hide too and be as normal as I can. However my brother is the only human I will allow in this kind of life. Him and I are literally the only blood family we have left and we promised to never leave each other. That's why I made him immortal too. Plus you saw his abilities as well." I say.

"It makes things a little better knowing you do not want to turn. And I am sorry for everything you lost and how you were taken advantage of too from those men. You didn't deserve that and I am so sorry I rubbed that in your face. I normally don't make friends but I can see us being best friends if you are willing to start over and move on." Rosalie says.

"Of course I would. You are my mates family so I want to be able to get along with all of you guys if I'm going to be around a lot. And I can promise and plain human who comes into this world I will help defend you in your beliefs because we agree on it all." I say chuckling.

The rest of the evening Rose and I ended up talking more about my experience with hydra. I went into more detail with her on what happened to me. She ended up talking more about her time as a vampire.

Next thing I knew, Rosalie was staying the night. We went up to my room and kept talking. I ended up falling asleep around 5:30 and had to be up at 7:00am. However, it was worth it. Rose and I felt much closer to each other and I was happy about that.

Peter ended up driving himself to school and Rose showed up in my jeep with me. People were shocked to see us together and laughing. Especially the other Cullen siblings. Her and I had our arms around each other and joking around still. We split our ways to go to class. When I walked in I saw jasper sitting there waiting for me. He had a smile on his face.

"Good morning darlin' " he said leaning over giving me a sweet kiss before the teacher came in.

"Good morning cowboy"  I say giving him another kiss a little longer than the last. I couldn't help but hum into the kiss. His lips were so perfect.

The rest of the day went by as normal. Peter and I ended up sitting with the Cullens for lunch. Emmett, peter and I ended up getting in trouble in one of our lab classes for starting a fire. Emmett dared me and did not think I would do it. By the end of the school day Peter and I headed to La push like usual for dinner. Today was a good day. I am glad things are coming together and rose and I worked out our problems.

Meanwhile back in new york, the team found another base and were going to need the twins, they just didn't inform them yet...