Chapter 54

Jasper and I talked a little bit about going to New York

Jasper and I talked a little bit about going to New York. He thought it would be a good idea to get away from Forks/La Push for a little bit.
So we are headed to the pack house right now to tell them about us leaving.

When we get there, everyone runs out to greet us. I motion for dad to follow us so we could talk.
"Is everything alright?" He asks.

"Yes. But we wanted to let you know we are going to go to New York for a little bit and get away from here. Jasper wants away from the others after what happened, and Nat texted me wanting me to visit. So I wanted to run it by you." I say.

"Sweetheart, of course that is fine. Thank you for telling me though so I wouldn't panic if I did not see you for a while. Jasper take care of her while you both are gone." Dad says.

"Of course I will." He says with a head nod.

"How long will you be gone?" Dad asks.

"Not sure yet. After everything that has happened, we might just enjoy and take our time of being away to maybe explore and do some missions or something I do not know full details but I think some alone time for us could be nice." I say.

"I agree. Just stay in touch enough to let us know you both are okay and safe. Now go tell your pack brothers." Dad says.

Jasper and I head inside and we tell them and mom what we are doing. Peter was happy for us to get away for a while to get some privacy and work more on our relationship. "Have fun, if you need anything call me snow." He says.

"Of course I will spider." I say kissing his cheek.

I look over at Loki. "Is it ready?" I ask.

"Yes" he says conjuring a gold chain necklace for me. He walks over to me and Jasper and stands in front of him. "Since things worked out for you and Payton, her and I have been working on this for you. It took longer than expected but hopefully it works." He says handing it over to Jasper.

Jasper just looks at it confused but puts on the necklace. By the look on his face I can tell it has worked. I motion for Loki to test it out, so he silently pulls a blade out and cuts his hand. Jasper doesn't seem to notice what he has done. So Loki moves his hand to see the blood and Jasper still does not react.

"Wait. Loki is bleeding and Jasper is fine?" Paul says confused.

"Yes, that is because we found a permanent magic spell to block his blood lust. This necklace can only be taken off by him and will block others blood scent so he no longer has to live in fear of slipping anymore. He never has to take it off either. Plus if I am correct it should also block his vampire scent from you all?" I say.

"Now that you mention it, yes we do not smell the vampire scent from him." Dad says.

I look at Loki and smile and give him a high five. "Thank you for helping me with this. Since we are going to New York, Tony will probably want to throw a party so be ready for him to want you there Peter and Loki." I say laughing.

"Ahh yes, of course. Wouldn't miss a chance of watching my oaf of a brother making a fool of himself." He says.

"You think Tony would let Embry come?" Peter asked. "Yeah that means more people. If it is fine with dad just have Loki teleport you all there."

I look over and see Jasper looking at me lovingly. "Thank you for this. You have no idea how much this means to me Snow. And thank you Loki. For once in my life now I can actually fully relax and not fear sinking my teeth into someone over a cut." Jasper says hugging me while sticking a hand out to Loki to shake.

We soon left and went home to get everything packed up. Once we finished up I looked over at Jasper. "Alright, road trip? Or Teleport?" I ask.

"I say road trip. It'll give us more alone time, plus we can do some sight seeing if the weather isn't too sunny." He says. When it said sunny that reminded me of one more feature Loki added to the necklace.

I didn't say anything other than grabbing Jasper and dragging him back outside. "Snow what are you doing?" He asked.

Without thinking, I ripped his shirt off while he was in the sun. He was shocked by my actions but then became more shocked when he wasn't sparkling. I started to squeal because now he does not have to wait for cloudy weather for us to do anything anymore.

"No more sparkle?" He asked.

"I forgot that was included in the spell. Loki added it so we could go out and do things all the time and not just in rainy or cloudy weather." I say.

Jasper doesn't say anything he just picks me up and kisses me hard. "Thank you. You have no idea how much this means to me. This gift has made me feel more human in the last 20 minutes than I have in a very long time." He says kissing me again.

"Of course Jasper. I would do anything for you. Plus I wanted to let you know that I trust you now. After the way you stood up to me and protected me against Edward, I have given you my full trust back." I say with a smile.

"Darlin' I promise not to break it again." He says.

"I know. I believe you. Now lets get to packing and hit the road!" I say excitingly.

Once everything was loaded up, we stopped for gas. I asked to swing by the pack house one more time to say goodbye before actually leaving. I would miss everyone but was looking forward to some alone time with my man.